iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Once a year chance duck hunting trip

Started by fishfighter, December 01, 2015, 05:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

My daughter and I got a chance to hunt the best place in Louisiana on a game reserve yesterday for ducks. It is a lotto pick to get in and my daughter got picked. It is called White Lake reserve. For years, this place was just big money to hunt. The club house is unreal. One still can lease it and the rights to hunt the place for up to 12 people for a weekend if you have a spare 30K. Of course they wine and dine you with some of the best chef's in Louisiana. :o

sandsawmill14

congrats  :) looks like yall had a good hunt we got lucky like that 1 time around stuttgart ark. it wasnt a draw hunt but we got to hunt for 25 bucks per day on a farm that five pits and leased them for 10000 per pit. it was mostly due to us making friends with the owner the year before by keeping the snow geese run out of the wheat. i made the 200 mile trip every day but 3 in the month of feb that year and shot over 10 cases of shells :o in hindsight im pretty sure it would have been cheaper to just pay the lease :-\ :D :D :D but i loved hunting those geese. best day ever was 42 with 2 of us shooting most ever was 88 with 7 shooting but they were used to shooting ducks instead of geese.most shots are 50+yards where they were used to shooting ducks out of a pit at 15 yards. make a big difference. the only problem was putting out the decoys we hunted with 1200 windsocks and about 900 silhouettes :o most were homemade but they worked ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Love your daughter's smile.  Looks like she had a very good time.

Bruce

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishfighter

Yep, was a great time. I'm trying to set up a duck hunt with my son, daughter, SIL and grandson .

Both of my kids grew up hunting with me. Now they are the ones that are taking Dad hunting. ;D It is kind of hard to hook up with both of them at the same time these days due to there work. :(

The dog, Luke is my daughters lab. Young dog that is only 1 1/2 old, but works like a champ. She had him working last year as a pup. He has a very good blood line. She got him thru another Vet that duck hunts.

Autocar

Great story it's nice to see a family do things togather your a lucky father  ;).
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!