iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video sawing some Pine on the Woodmizer

Started by richhiway, August 27, 2019, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richhiway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSfInC_w_0k&t=120s

Two things to watch for. I forget to remove something from the mill and there is a good tip for turning large logs that a very good sawyer on the Forestry Forum told me about. 
Thanks, Magicman.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

SawyerTed

Great video.  I admire your determination to turn logs etc without hydraulics.  This says more about me than anything else - it looks painfully slow and definitely is hard work.  I probably couldn't saw more than two days a week with that level of manual log turning.  I'd have to recover!

This is a great video for those needing to see how manual log handling works.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

richhiway

Thanks. I'd love to have hydraulics but this mill fit my budget and only had 24hrs on it. I mostly saw as a hobby right now so I am in no hurry. It beats out the chainsaw mill that is replaced!
I have a plan to saw when I retire in a few years so if it all works out I will upgrade then.

Rich
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Gere Flewelling

I enjoyed your video. It's great to watch someone taking the time to think their way through a challenging situation and getting the job done without getting hurt or breaking anything.  My dad always said a real man would just lift and tug but a real smart man uses his head to find a better way and not get hurt.  Thanks for demonstrating that principle.
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!