iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4 x 53 Abrasive belt source?

Started by Old Greenhorn, June 12, 2019, 09:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

I have one of those old rock solid dependable Walker Turner belt/Disc sander that my Dad bought new in the 50's. I love it, I learned to work on it. I want to keep it working for my family. It takes a 4 x 53" belt. I can't find a decent source for these belts. I did buy a few 52-1/2 inch belts on EBay and think I can make them work, but I am just throwing this out to those who know: Are there any good sources for these belts at a reasonable price for a home woodworker?
 Thanks for any leads. Gotta keep these old beauties running.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

WOW! Can you guys hear the crickets?  :D
 I found an original manual for this machine online, it takes 52-1/2 inch belts, not 53, but I think 53 would work. I did find some old but brand new belts in my shop last night, the glue is old and not holding well. Near as I can figure, they are around 50 or more years old. Wonder if the warranty wore out?  ;D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

alan gage

Industrial abrasives has 4x52 1/2" belts. I've been very happy with their sanding discs but have never used their belts.

The website pricing has me a little confused but I think it's $50 for a dozen belts (buy a unit of 6 and get 6 free). You can mix and match grits.

4 x 52-1/2 Everlast Aluminum Oxide Sanding Belts 00113 [00113] - .75 : Industrial Abrasives, Sanding Belts, Sheets, Drums, Sleeves, Floor Sanding Products

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Old Greenhorn

AH Super Alan! This is just what I was looking for, and the mix and match option is perfect. I have some 60 grit coming my way now from another source and once I see how they cut I can place an order with these folks for what I need. Thank you very much!

Ljohnsaw

I used "The Sandpaper Lady" at Barbkat.com in the past for disks.  She lists 52 and 54 but also says to email for other sizes and grits.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!