iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 40° here this morning and will just about hit 60 today. Maybe fall temps are here. Been in the 70's here just about every day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We've had over 8" rain this month. Cooler day, but sunny and nice today. Might have reached 60F, but barely. It was 45F here this morning.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A day with no rain!! Seem like every day, for the last 2 weeks, we have a shower. None today.  :o
50° now. I am wearing a sweat shirt in the mornings now. The leaves in any wet spot are just about to drop. Always seem a bog, wet hole, is always red and orange. And I mean bright too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

we had a nice rain 2 days ago, and my 4 inches of dust is turned back to soil. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Well, the season is changing here for sure, I can't ignore it no matter how hard I try. I don't think it hit 70 in the last 5 days and it was 46° when I got up this morning but predicted to just break 70 today. Looks like a rainy week ahead after Sunday and I have a couple of orders of Mushroom logs to get done in the next 2 weeks, so I guess I'll get wet. Today I will be milling until it gets too hot, then maybe get some of those logs started. I don't see a frost coming anytime soon, but we head to VT at the end of the week for some r&r with my cousins. That will get me in the 'fall acceptance mode' and I'll be interested to see if they have any color yet. This is the time of year they are usually in full color, but I don't see that happening in a week this year. Hopefully their apples trees have bounced back and we come home with some this year. Last year, not one apple and the 100+ year old trees looked all but dead. Usually I can fill 4 five gallon buckets in about 20 minutes.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on October 01, 2021, 09:13:39 PM
A day with no rain!! Seem like every day, for the last 2 weeks, we have a shower. None today.  :o
50° now. I am wearing a sweat shirt in the mornings now. The leaves in any wet spot are just about to drop. Always seem a bog, wet hole, is always red and orange. And I mean bright too.
My swampy areas are turning too. Water absorbs temp better than soil(cool nights) , not enough water to hold significant heat from the daytime, which gives those trees the message that it’s fall quicker lol
A1

51cub

I'm getting a little color here. Most of it has been in the last week. It's been just cool enough in the morning that when I run the wipers whatever's left turns to the ice. I didn't even have to run the fan the last two nights. Still warm enough during the day to not want long pants yet though
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Been 50F for a high here for a couple days, showery, but no accumulation to measure.

Canned 4 small jars of jalapenos for sandwiches, half pint jars.

Been burning wood the last 2 days, just a warm up fire to take off the dampness. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

Raining now and 55°. Looks like a fair chance of more rain the next couple days, then going to be 70s middle of the week
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Dry this coming week and in the 60's. Nice work'n and fall leave viewing weather. :)

I do see a frost advisory.

SwampDonkey

Looks like nice sunny weather all week, in the 60's. Nice fall weather. :)

There was some frost out on the Teague (Tag), where we are whack'n bushes. ;D

thecfarm

40 here this morning, should get up to 70 again today. Yesterday was a great day for a foliage ride. Went up to Quill Hill in Maine. A google search will show you the 360° view. I did a one minute video on it too. Lots of people enjoying the view too.

SwampDonkey

It's at the peek leaf color here to. Been 70 F for a couple days, today the air is changing. Was 54 F early and still that now. Probably 60F for a high today, and all day to get there. ;)

HemlockKing

Not peak leaf colour here yet, probably another week tops, still got a lot of green leaves
A1

SwampDonkey

We've got some places the maples are almost bare and it's never been cold, just a dying day length. Three more weeks and it will be all bare here like winter, always does every year. ;D

Garden is still green, no frost, but frost in the back country. In the last 2 weeks I could hardly see little red maple whips at all in the weeds, bare as a billiard ball. ;D

Never got any water out of that cold front out of the NE today, now it is all clear as a bell out.

thecfarm

Another warm day is coming to an end.

HemlockKing

Real chilly this morning, 34 and was not prepared for that lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Fog here ever since morning, not all that hot. ;D

thecfarm

Low 60's here all day. I'm not use to that cold weather.  :D

HemlockKing

Was fairly warm mid day near 65.

Happy thanksgiving to fellow Canadians.
A1

Andries

After a dry spell that broke the record books, we've got a few days of rain. What a nice change!
Happy Thanksgiving for sure HK!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

Hey, the Penguins cleaned up at Tampa Bay with 6:2 on opening night. 8)

Been dry this month so far and unseasonably warm, can't be many taters left to dig now.

56F this morning on the porch. :)

thecfarm

I only have 46° this morning.
Yesterday I was in the city and it was 80°!!!  :o   Suppose to be in the high 70's again today!!
I was out on the tractor until 8:30 last night. I was hauling dirt in just a a t shirt. Most times that sun goes down and it cools off quick in Oct. 

HemlockKing

63 here now pretty warm. Yesterday was a little hot too, cool off fast in shade but that sun worked ya
A1

SwampDonkey

I had the window up all night here and it is still 75F in here. We've had no wind here at all, I suspect November is going to get nasty. :D

Thank You Sponsors!