iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

I couldn't play Swamps video but I'd bet it's yesterday mornings 157 mph wind gust on Mt Washington. I don't mind the cold too much but I'm not even interested what was the wind chill  there at that moment. 8 here now going to the mid 20s and cloudy. Pretty much the same tomorrow with snow tomorrow night
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Quote from: 51cub on January 25, 2021, 06:58:43 AM
I couldn't play Swamps video
Must be Geolocation block or something.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Quote from: 51cub on January 25, 2021, 06:58:43 AM
I couldn't play Swamps video but I'd bet it's yesterday mornings 157 mph wind gust on Mt Washington. I don't mind the cold too much but I'm not even interested what was the wind chill  there at that moment. 8 here now going to the mid 20s and cloudy. Pretty much the same tomorrow with snow tomorrow night
Whoooooa, 157 mph , Forgot to check that site but it was definitely a big all day and night blow, even down
here at 500'.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

One segment showed instant snow when the water in a bottle was tossed up in that bitter cold air. The next segment in the video was making ice wine. According to the narration, that was 50% of their annual revenue. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

12.2 inches of snow here and it's still coming down. It's been years since that much

Walnut Beast

Crazy weather 14 inches here and a tornado 🌪 in Alabama 🙄

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Walnut Beast on January 26, 2021, 02:05:07 AM
Crazy weather 14 inches here and a tornado 🌪 in Alabama 🙄
I measured it and it was a solid 9.5 inches

thecfarm

Odd year here for snow. Still have about 4 inches on the ground. I have 8° but by high noon 30.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

18 and mostly clear. Cloudy and high 20s as the day goes on and snow around 6 tonight
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Was 23F here at sundown yesterday, this morning the same. We do get an odd year that is mild every once in awhile. In 1980 we had no white at all. My uncle and I burned spruce limb brush Dec-March where he had harvest logs. Something to do on the weekends in an otherwise humdrum winter. ;D In 2006 I had maybe 2" ice with 2" crust on top here, but 30 miles north there was still 3 feet of snow in the hills in the middle of April. I tried marking strip lines in it, decided I was going to wait until the middle of May. :D  2018 was bitter cold down in the minuses all Jan-Feb and 12 feet of snowfall, and 4 feet still in April with these guys wonder where the worms are. On warm days they were picking house flies off the house siding. ;D

SwampDonkey

Talking rain here the end of the week. ::) Ditches here aren't even filled with snow. Yet they can't keep a thin layer of ice off the roads. They work with teaspoon delivery systems instead of shovel fulls. :D They have been up this road 3 times in two days, nothing to plow, need something to do I guess. :D

Ljohnsaw

The big winds have arrived (50 mph gusts) and my dying oak at the top of my driveway gave up.  On the plus side, I won't have to risk life and limb cutting the top out!  Came down with the butt end hitting in dirt, missing plants, lights and rock landscaping.  Top 3 big limbs snagged in the pine on the right.  Missed my truck but took up where my daughter normally parks.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

woodroe

We picked up a few inches of fresh fluffy snow overnight to cover up 
that crappy crust from the last storm. Back on the skis today.
Another windy cold snap on the way for the weekend with below 0 wind chills.

SwampDonkey

Well, it rained up here in the north this morning, more of a mist. 36 F, feels like March here. Windows wide open, fire a little too much today. Was taking a nap and I thought I was in hell fire when I awoke. I'll be planting garden soon like anyone in TN. :D

thecfarm

Just about snowed here all day. Got most of the snow in the night, maybe 3 inches, than another inch all day.  ;)  It is a dry snow. But temps was just about above freezing when it was snowing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yesterday afternoon I took a walk up the woods roads by the woodlot, probably 1/2 mile up there from where the snow plow stops. Not enough snow to even cover the toes of my boots. Even walked around a short woods trail. Sure lots of squirrel and hare tracks around. No sign of moose or deer. The deer is not surprising, the moose not being around is. Maybe they have got them thinned out some for awhile. :D

28F this morning, I don't see any storm here yet, but said there might be a  little snow. Nothing yet. Ice is driveway was melting out yesterday, down to the dark gravel. Something now for the birds to pick, and they were, little tree sparrows and probably goldfinches.

thecfarm

28° and a light snow, just like yesterday.

SwampDonkey

So far no snow here, and real easy on the wood today. Half a stove full of aspen wood. Doesn't look like snow will happen.

Was talking to a potato farmer, and he agrees with me, that if we don't get snow she's going to be bone dry by June. ::) Potato crop was way down, but I do see some nice sized ones in the bag I picked up. Local apples this year aren't much bigger than clementines. I suppose if everyone invested in irrigation it would rain 4 days a week for 10 years. :D

SwampDonkey

It finally started snowing by noon, big flakes like March weather.  :)

Be no fire here tonight.

SwampDonkey

Off and on snow all night here, but probably 4" of light fluffy stuff. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

-14° this morning after yesterday's high temp of 2°. Hasn't snowed in a few days here, only about 16" on the ground which very low for us.

SwampDonkey

Still snow squalls with some wind, not looking like any clearing. Been in the 20's here. Never seen much sun all month, very weird for January.

thecfarm

I heading for the singles numbers tonight!! But high noon 20.

SwampDonkey

It cleared!!! :D 6F and stars and moon for a change. Hopefully, we will have sun all day. ;)

woodroe

Two below zero on the mercury this morn, coldest of the winter by 2*.
That sun is getting noticeably stronger , solar heating during the day when its shining.
The upper plains / midwest are in for some 20 below stuff later next week according 
to the forecast.

Thank You Sponsors!