iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Yes the forum is a good record keeper.
Would of been on here sooner, but found out how important it is to have Wi-Fi on.  :-[
30° and the wind was blowing. No melting going on on my hill. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

10F this morning. They are saying 40's next week. I've heard that before. ;D They never mentioned the snow coming yesterday neither. What sun? :D I gave up on forecasts a long time ago, but mother has to watch weather report every night. Takes 30 minutes to get it all out between the adds and news. Some of these guys must run a fair as a side show, with one of those air gun duck hunts. Same tactics to hold your attention so you won't switch the channel.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

10° this morning. Should be 20 by high noon.
The wind blew yesterday, another cold day. Any exposed skin felt the so called cold temps!!!!
No wind this morning. Feels 20° warmer.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I think it was 6F this morning here. Sunny though. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have the same here today, 6° and sunny for now. 

SwampDonkey

Got to 30F yesterday by 4:00 pm

Was 16F here this morning, sun, probably going to be some melting. :)

doc henderson

rumor is we have a warmup coming, in the 70s and 80s this week.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

They are saying 50F by Thursday for the north, I guess that is warm. ;D

Andries

The weather guessers have us at 53°F. on Tuesday. 8)
 Man, I'll be sweating into my sno-pacs.
 Face and hands a dark tan and the rest of me a fish belly white = an ice tan.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

I have 14° this morning. Heat wave is coming!!!  ;D
Has not been above freezing since the last time.  :D Has only been a week. Now my driveway will get rid of that ice. Or at least it will get soft so I can drive on it and make it rough for the next freeze up.

SwampDonkey

15F here, the driveway has been melting here for some time. Mostly all bare except the entries and the lower loop around where I don't clean it as good. ;D Still some ice-snow to come off the main porch, was dripping yesterday. Was only 30 here, but sun on a steel roof really gets warm. :)

SwampDonkey

42F here this afternoon and the water is a flowing.

Look who appeared on top of the glacier.

Say welcome, to Pudgy Joe Woodchuck. ;D smiley_wavy

woodroe

Nice day here, 36* under full sun . 
Tapped 20 trees this morning, yielded about 4 gallons sap.
Most of em gave some but they are still thawing their toes.
Gal. jugs should be overflowing daily by weeks end.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

28F today with some light snow all day, didn't add much.. Looks like it is clearing to the west. :)  Pudgy Joe stayed in bed today. ;)

Andries

Winnipeg broke a 100+ year weather record yesterday. 
Super warm for us 14°C.
Today we've got a steady rainfall and 11°C.
The sound of rain falling on snow is mighty nice.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

Poor wood chuck woke up kinda early!!!
I have 24° and the sun is bright. Driveway is showing signs of melting. Might be all dirt by today.

SwampDonkey

30F here already, I bet it gets close to 50 today. :)

goose63

We had record high yesterday windows open for fresh air wood stove going today and maybe up to 4 inch of snow
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

I have no idea the high today, but the driveway is dirt!! Up by the house will still take another day of two. House shades it, does not get the sun at all.

chevytaHOE5674

Yesterday was 52°, never dropped below 50 all night. This morning heavy rain moved in and the temp dropped to 34°. Over 1" of rain so far and supposed to rain until morning. Lots and lots of flooding going on as ditches, creeks, rivers, etc are all frozen solid so all the water has no place to go. Pretty miserable weather.

SwampDonkey

Well, it's 34F this morning. First night it never froze when not raining since last fall. Good sign. ;D Sure was a beautiful day, had the windows upstairs open all day. :) I never shovelled the snow off the driveway yesterday from the night before and it all melted. It got to 48F yesterday. Suppose to be even warmer today. ;) I can see that the frost this spring is pretty much nil, soon as the snow is gone, I can dig with a spade anywhere. :)

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 11, 2021, 04:11:54 AM
Well, it's 34F this morning. First night it never froze when not raining since last fall. Good sign......
Yes, Indeedy! It was 40° at 6 am today! Pretty dang nice yesterday. more melting going on, I wish the roof snow would finish off because the gutters drip all day and make puddles. Today they say 60!
 I got a little cutting done yesterday and not sure what I am doing today until I get some return calls, but outdoor work is in all the options. :) I did find solid ice inside the pile of small stuff I was hacking up for firewood and mushroom logs yesterday, but easily manageable. Spring is on the doorstep.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

I had 33° this morning. Things will melt today. My road to the wood is showing dirt. 
Last year I found a wet spot and hauled in rocks. I will see if I find another mud pit. I fixed that area that I was sinking in last year. And I do mean sinking.

SwampDonkey

Had a couple of rain sprinkles earlier, but I think that is it for the rain. Hmmm, like them summer sprinkles last year, no rain. ::)

SwampDonkey

Cleared away with blue sky, and water is a running. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!