iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

A cool May and early June with possible frost is normal for us. 80's plus ain't. ;D

The ash here are way behind the maples. Growing in low ground they easily get bit by frost if out too soon. I've seen new growth turned black on ash. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

The grapes did get a little burnt for sure. I think the water kept them from becoming a total loss. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The heats on. House was about 67°. No big deal. I doubt it hit the mid 60's today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Got to 59F on the porch by 5:00 pm, it was only 44F at noon. Cooool for sure. ;D

Did get the mud spread with the Ranger and pallet drag. Spreading grass seed this morning while the flies are froze up. ;D

38F this morning on the porch, don't see any frost in the grass. :)  I have a butternut seedling that did get bit yesterday, leaves black.

Old Greenhorn

Well it is miserable snotty cold rainy here today again. So far we have over 2" of rain and it's 44° right now. North of here where I should be cutting today it's just 38° with nearly the same rain and I blew the day off. No fun setting up in this mess and not knowing the ground conditions yet, it might be a no-go anyway. As much as I need to get going, I will have to sit on my hands another day or two. It will all get done at some point.
 The rain is supposed to drop off in another hour or two, but tomorrow we get another round of about an inch. This is killing me, but what are you gonna do?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Looks like we will get some of that tomorrow, the sky is closing in. Only 50F here now at noon.

Got the grass all sewed. 8)

Got 4 bottles of fresh rhubarb juice bottled up to.

Watch'n the bluebirds flit around the next boxes, 1 pair of birds. I think a house wren took over the swallow box. It seems to have killed one egg and I also found a dead adult tree swallow after that last rain. They sure have a tough time nesting here.

chevytaHOE5674

27° and froze this morning. Hasn't made it above 50 in 4 days now I think. But we are supposed to warm up a tad now to more seasonable levels.

thecfarm

Heat is still on here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on May 29, 2021, 09:43:03 PM
Heat is still on here.
Stove is roaring. 48 this morning. High wind, more cold rain, yay. I'm trying to finish the netting around my garden before the deer get to it.
A1

thecfarm

The juice looks good.
I have 38°.

bitternut

Bright sunshine this morning on the southern shore of Lake Ontario with zero wind. My weather station next to my orchard located 250' from the water's edge shows a minimum temp of 35.3 F. Close to a frost but no cigar fortunately for my fruit trees. I imagine my woods 100 miles south experienced a heavy frost.

woodroe

Old fashion Memorial weekend on tap , cool and damp.
Use to spend them up in the bush fishing, camping. Could throw a rock and hit Quebec.
The Blackflies always bit more than the fish did although some Blueback Trout were taken.
Wood stove going two mornings in a row now.
Looking forward to some very much needed rain.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

40F this morning. No rain has entered the area yet, but it will be coming. Help that new grass seed. ;D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 30, 2021, 07:37:31 AM
40F this morning. No rain has entered the area yet, but it will be coming. Help that new grass seed. ;D
Steady light rain here, haint stopping this fella, if I don't do it it don't get done!!!!
A1

GRANITEstateMP

high 40's this afternoon in NH. Been raining since about lunch time, about 1 1/8in at last check on the gauge.  I lit the stove before lunch, I thought I was done with the stove for a bit :-\, guess not!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

Got the burgers and dogs off the grill, sitting inside talking, and the rain came around 2:00. It's a cold rain at 45°. Finally getting the rain you guys have been talking about.

SwampDonkey

Certainly wet here and coming down good, not that mist stuff. I've got the rain gauge up now after I got the lawn fixed up.

Boss said yesterday someone got fined by DNR for a brush pile burn and province in red for fire conditions. I said hard to believe that, we had 2" of rain here every week in May. ::) When I planted rhubarb Friday in the garden the ground was wet enough to make a mud ball. :-\ It did dry on top of bare ground, but not sand dry down in. Even where the Ranger crossed old lawn when spreading dirt, the mud was firm and damp. Get 2 dry days and we are in red? ::)

HemlockKing

Well to be honest I'm not a fan of working out in cold rain, but here it is, cold and raining again. Glad I powered through the last 2 rain days as this would be the 3rd straight I would of cancelled outdoors. You ain't stopping me!!
A1

thecfarm

It's still a raining!! We need it.

SwampDonkey

1/2" rain so far this morning.

GRANITEstateMP

Still wet this am. Checked the rain gauge again, just shy of an inch. That puts us at 2in since Fri afternoon.  We really needed the rain, bad!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

Just about on 3/4" here now, still going strong. She's a soaker. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

Between the freezing nights and no rain in a couple weeks and nothing in the forecast the grass is burning up and turning brown. This is new territory for me to be in a severe drought in May and thinking about selling off some cattle and buying in my winters hay. Never in my years have I had to worry about such things in May, usually those are July/August concerns.

HemlockKing

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 31, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
Between the freezing nights and no rain in a couple weeks and nothing in the forecast the grass is burning up and turning brown. This is new territory for me to be in a severe drought in May and thinking about selling off some cattle and buying in my winters hay. Never in my years have I had to worry about such things in May, usually those are July/August concerns.
We even had a may forrest fire here which is not common, a July aug thing.
A1

SwampDonkey

I here ya. Last year was unheard of for us, no rain at all. All we had was fine mist out of big dark clouds all summer until October. We have a normal spring this year with no 90's heat for a change, unlike the last 4 years. Could care less if it got much warmer than 80F for 2 or 3 days every 2 weeks and dropped back to 70's. Rain every 3 or 4 days. :)  I've got grass about chest high where the soil is deeper, not so on shallow shale spots. Rocks ain't enough, need shale to. :D ;)

Thank You Sponsors!