iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

We've had a few little rains but still drier than a popcorn fart. At least the temps have slacked off. Last week the high was 43° one day. Most days have been in the 60s and overcast with a threat of rain but nothing materializes. 

All but a select few cows will be gone next week. Not even sure if ill make any hay this year. 

Old Greenhorn

I thought it was hot and humid in the woods yesterday but I am really glad I am not out there today. It's 95° and 60% humidity. I know that's not like the highs they are getting in the northwest, but geez this is miserable. I ain't getting nothing done.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

About 85 here got hot after sun came out. Had a deer tick halfway into me. First deer tick I've seen too, I've seen probably 100 wood ticks so far and in fact just picked one off me typing this sentence. Looks I got all of the deer tick out. I locked it in a capsule and dated it, if I get symptoms. 
A1

Ianab

Weather forecast was for cold and showers today. Woke up to light snow, barely enough to settle on the ground, but "real" snow, the light fluffy sort, not the sleet / hail we often get. 

Other parts of the country are taking a bit more of beating with roads closed, ferries and flights cancelled etc. But just a bit cool here.  :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Can't wait for the first snow. ;D

Was 85F yesterday afternoon once a little sun came out. AC is definitely on. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 29, 2021, 05:24:53 AM
Can't wait for the first snow. ;D

Was 85F yesterday afternoon once a little sun came out. AC is definitely on. ;)
Stop with that SD lol . It's always somethin, come winter "it's too cold!". Me personally likes April-may weather. 
A1

thecfarm

Oh yea, hot here too. Well into the 90's. But not too hot to dig rocks.   ;D
No pavement around my place to give it that heat rising affect. That DanG pavement makes it hard to breath for me.
I have to water the peppers in the wind tunnel before the heat hits it.
Work slow, lots of water. Rocks are being carried off up into the bog. In the shade for the ride there and just driving the tractor is not too much like hard work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I cut 2 acres in that heat yesterday, 6:00 am until 4:00 pm. Stayed longer to finish up block. ;D Broke the handle bar nut on the Husq 555. Can't go a week without busting something. :D :D Gotta find my reverse drill bits this morning. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Started at 630 70 degrees already lasted till 1030 it's 85 now and rising quickly. We have a heat warning. If it gets too bad I might head to the coast to catch the cool ocean breeze. Advantages to Nova Scotia, never more than 40 min drive from ocean, endless beaches, most empty.
A1

sawguy21

Hey @SwampDonkey  You wanna come back to BC? ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

HemlockKing

Holy hot! I don't even have air conditioner up here yet. When you can smell the dead softwood needles cooking on the ground and the heat radiating off you know it's HOT HOT. 
Tomorrow same thing. Keeps this up I might work through the night hours with leds lol 
A1

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: HemlockKing on June 29, 2021, 12:21:04 PM
Holy hot! I don't even have air conditioner up here yet. When you can smell the dead softwood needles cooking on the ground and the heat radiating off you know it's HOT HOT.
Tomorrow same thing. Keeps this up I might work through the night hours with leds lol
OH man, you ain't kiddin'. Problem is, the nights hours aren't much cooler here. I just checked the graph and it was 78° at midnight last night. Got all the way down to 76 just before day break and the humidity was 96% at dawn. I couldn't even sleep past 3am (gotta get a fan). So I had planned to sleep in today (7am?). Instead I was up at 3:30 and on the road by 6:30. I don't think I am doing too much more today except clean, sharpen and put away tools. The Mule is covered in brush and leaves so I might hose it off. I can handle that, I think.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on June 29, 2021, 01:11:53 PM
Quote from: HemlockKing on June 29, 2021, 12:21:04 PM
OH man, you ain't kiddin'. Problem is, the nights hours aren't much cooler here. I just checked the graph and it was 78° at midnight last night. Got all the way down to 76 just before day break and the humidity was 96% at dawn. I couldn't even sleep past 3am (gotta get a fan). So I had planned to sleep in today (7am?). Instead I was up at 3:30 and on the road by 6:30. I don't think I am doing too much more today except clean, sharpen and put away tools. The Mule is covered in brush and leaves so I might hose it off. I can handle that, I think.
I'm not too far inland so after the sun sets and we got a breeze off the ocean we cool off quick, I take it you're further inland. We get 55-65 degree nights in summer typically 
A1

SwampDonkey

It's been in the 70's at nights here to, like at 3:00 am. ::) Suppose be a high around 70F on Thursday and cooler Friday. Mid 70's tomorrow. Heat waves come to an end in 3 days up here, generally. Normal years. ;D

thecfarm

A cool 65° for now. Should not hit 90 today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

One more day of the heat here. They predict 94* this afternoon. I've been working outside the past three days in the morning but not today. I've had enough. My wife and I are going out for breakfast and then taking it easy for the rest of the day.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

SwampDonkey

70's here, we had 1/4" rain this morning. I was marking out more thinning, got 26 acres laid out. That was enough tramping in wild raisin bushes for one day. :D

HemlockKing

How many acres do you plan to thin? I'm almost at
My 50 acre goal. Another 15 or so to go but it's harder with the heat.
A1

SwampDonkey

I'll probably cut around 100 acres. I cut 84 acres last year from mid June to end of October, and 15 cords of firewood besides. I must have cut 25 acres in June already.

HemlockKing

Well that will last you awhile. Is this a light thinning or younger trees? I couldn't do 25 acres in 3 months on my property 
A1

Wudman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 29, 2021, 06:33:27 AM
I cut 2 acres in that heat yesterday, 6:00 am until 4:00 pm. Stayed longer to finish up block. ;D Broke the handle bar nut on the Husq 555. Can't go a week without busting something. :D :D Gotta find my reverse drill bits this morning. ;)
I have a crew that lives about 6500 km south of you that can help with that work.  85 degrees won't bother them too much.  A World Cup Soccer match will pull them out of the woods, but heat doesn't bother at all.   :D :D

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

thecfarm

My rhubarb is looking better.  :o I have some strawberry rhubarb. Which was looking pretty bad. How I missed it.......  I ran the hose on it steady for about a ½ hour. That brought it around. The old fashioned stuff looks fine.
We had a shower!!!! Maybe a hour of rain, just a few minutes of a real hard rain. 
Cooler temps are coming, not even 70° one day.  :o

sawguy21

27C at 2am! I can't sleep.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Had another shower in the night!!!

Thank You Sponsors!