iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

68 with a predicted high 72 today.  good working weather to prepare for the cool and then cold comming.  rain in a few days with cooler weather.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Well, it hit 33 here overnight, up to 40 when I woke this morning. High for the day might be 55°. But we have clear blue skies so I will likely be working outside most of the day. I hear the grandson are coming by in the afternon to move some dirt for me, but we will see.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Cold northwest'r off James Bay this morning chums. 35F on the porch early and still not 40F. Nothing froze, I just picked 2 squash off the vine 30 minutes ago and a red bell pepper. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ljohnsaw

Warm storm right now.  1.3" of rain since midnight (9:30 now) and the main part has yet to hit.  Tuning colder later and snow to accumulate up the hill tonight into tomorrow.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Here ya go, the wind flow. fire_smiley

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Penguins been doing good this year. Only lost one game but was tied 1:1 and lost it in a shootout. The rest of the games they won with big leads. Last night was 7:1 against Toronto. 8)

thecfarm

I had a frost. Hard to tell if the garden got it, most all is dead now. The peppers might of made it. I have that a cover up over the crop.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 24, 2021, 03:59:28 PM
Penguins been doing good this year. Only lost one game but was tied 1:1 and lost it in a shootout. The rest of the games they won with big leads. Last night was 7:1 against Toronto. 8)
I haven't even followed NHL since covid began. Seems I take a break from it for a year and then there's a whole new team, can hardly keep up.
I'm a life long habs fan, but I will cheer for any Canadian team that makes the playoffs. Was good to see ovechkin win his first cup a couple years ago. 
A1

Nebraska

44 degrees cool crappy cloudy day, have had frost two mornings this week. Inch plus of rain. Cleaned out the stove  and lit a fire for a test run.   It will be real a need  far to soon. At least the bug population  has fallen.

SwampDonkey

I'm not a die hard hockey enthusiast, but I follow the Penguins for Crosby's sake. And he ain't even in the game yet with that wrist surgery. When he retires I'll have to pick a new favorite, doesn't matter what team. :D Am looking forward to the Olympic games though. Last one I seen was 2006 with Crosby taking the trophy. Back then was just about the end of analog TV and CBC never set up a digital tower for this region. So now I have other means, non subscription kind.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Frost this morning on the truck at least. ;D

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 25, 2021, 04:26:11 AM
I'm not a die hard hockey enthusiast, but I follow the Penguins for Crosby's sake. And he ain't even in the game yet with that wrist surgery. When he retires I'll have to pick a new favorite, doesn't matter what team. :D Am looking forward to the Olympic games though. Last one I seen was 2006 with Crosby taking the trophy. Back then was just about the end of analog TV and CBC never set up a digital tower for this region. So now I have other means, non subscription kind.  ;D
I believe 2009 it was Crosby brought the cup to the streets of Dartmouth and I was there, can't believe it was 12 year ago. Also can't believe sid the kid is to retire soon! I mean Gretzky retired at 37 so
A1

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on October 24, 2021, 12:25:14 PM
Warm storm right now.  1.3" of rain since midnight (9:30 now) and the main part has yet to hit.  Tuning colder later and snow to accumulate up the hill tonight into tomorrow.
So broke the 140 year midnight to midnight rainfall total that held since 1880.  Sacramento record was 5.27" and by 11:15 last night it was up to 5.29.  My rain gauge recorded 6.47 with another .94 since midnight to 7:45 this morning.  Starting to clear, roads are starting to drain.

If I got any snow up at the property, it wasn't much.  The traffic cam below show rain with no snow accumulation and the one above looks like 6" of wet slop.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

Well not a bad day here today, we even got sun shine for nearly an hour, but I don't think it hit but barely 65 for a high today. Tomorrow by all predictions will be a full rain out with about 3" here. I happened to be watching a network show and the news breaks they had made this "first nor'easter of the season" is being billed as a "dangerous storm". Apparently down in the city they are going nuts over this and already blocking off streets they 'think' will flood over. They have already declared 'disasters' in some areas where it only just started raining. You would think the world is ending. My weekender neighbor must be watching all this nonsense because I just got a text asking me to check his basement tomorrow because he is worried. Yeah, sure, whatever. ;D
 Yes, I am pretty sure it will rain, probably hard, but the world ain't ending. I am watching the radar and I don't see anything that harkens the end of the world, just some rain. No apocalypse tomorrow that I can see. At least I am pretty sure of that. Geez, these TV weather guessers make me nuts. I should have watched a movie on netflix. :D
 Tomorrow is just another day, stuff will happen, we will deal with it, life will proceed.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 25, 2021, 11:16:33 PM
Tomorrow is just another day, stuff will happen, we will deal with it, life will proceed.
But toilet paper and social media hysteria?? 
lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Meanwhile nary a drop for us up here, sun comes out a couple days Thursday and Friday. Never seen a clear day up here for a month, but only had 1 rain.

thecfarm

A cold rain at 40°. Not even going up to 50° today. I'm not use to this cold weather.  :D  No big rain amount here until Saturday. Says a ¼" for today and tomorrow. Saturday  calling for 1½ inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on October 26, 2021, 05:29:28 AM
A cold rain at 40°. Not even going up to 50° today. I'm not use to this cold weather.  :D  No big rain amount here until Saturday. Says a ¼" for today and tomorrow. Saturday  calling for 1½ inches.
The storm must be just missing you! We're getting heavy rain next 2 days and winds of 65mph
A1

wisconsitom

It can rain west of us, it can rain east of us, but we're staying dry.  Very dry last two months-hardly any moisture.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

HemlockKing

Quote from: wisconsitom on October 26, 2021, 08:29:07 AM
It can rain west of us, it can rain east of us, but we're staying dry.  Very dry last two months-hardly any moisture.
We had a very dry fall so far as well, very unusual, I think up until yesterday it was bout 4 weeks without a rain,
Dust bowl driveway nearing November 
A1

Old Greenhorn

Well temp in the low 50's overnight and as of now we have just a fart under 2" since last evening and raining steady at about 1/4" per hour or a bit more. Looks like this will hang and swirl around us all dry into this evening. All the drainage creeks are blowing along. We lost power just before 5 this morning but it came back by 7 or so. Just spotty outages around. Some wind and I hear the FD's running trees and wire calls here and there.  
 I just checked the shop and stove after my first overnight burn of the season and it is a nice 70° out there and the stove re-kindled easily. SO I will be out there working on a table finish and some other stuff today.
 Just another day in paradise. I wonder what the poor people are doing today? ;D

SwampDonkey

Large tooth aspen grove towering above trembling aspen and still leaves. Champion of the north. ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 26, 2021, 09:42:35 AM
 I wonder what the poor people are doing today? ;D
Cut'n firewood in the sunshine. :D :D

thecfarm

I might miss the hard rain, but not the wind. I am blocking out the weather report on tv. Everyone on stand by and power outages. Report for about 15 minutes straight. Than have updates. Kinda the same idea when we get about 8 inches of snow. It's the storm of the century, business close, even some work places close, banks and fast food too. What are we gonna do??  ;D

HemlockKing

A1

Thank You Sponsors!