iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Breakfast for Supper

Started by Magicman, July 30, 2021, 10:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, sometime it's just the thing to do.

Two fried eggs, bacon, yellow grits, biscuits, New Hampshire Maple syrup, and sweet iced tea.  food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Now if you scrambled those eggs hard and maybe threw a piece of cheese or a handful of taco cheese on them and had some blackberry jam or muscadine hull preserves to go in those biscuits we'd be talking. I see the grits are the right color too. I'd substitute unsweetened tea but would drink the sweet tea if that was all you had. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Lose the grits, big pile of crispy home fries with onions, thick sliced crusty Italian toast slathered with butter, small stack of buck wheat pancakes and nys maple flats syrup.
Orange juice
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

I'm having breakfast at Bill's! 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

I eat supper for breakfast and vice versa all the time lol . Just comes down to the leftovers in fridge I guess lol 
Anyone else like to add franks red hot sauce to their scrambled?
A1

Jeff

We were in the U.P. on my birthday and went to the yooperman for supper. The waitress came to the table and took our drink order. I got a beer. She then came back and told us the special that night was a breakfast buffet!  We thought it was Italian night.  Beer goes nicely with Breakfast I must say.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

beer and anything with green chili verda.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Raider Bill

Got to thinking about my breakfast, and I'd like to add sausage gravey on top of my homefries please and bacon, thick sliced bacon. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

I have had sausage gravy but didn't care much for it, my wife loved it on chicken fried steak. :D We watched a woman who might have been 150 lb soaking wet tie into a huge plate of biscuits and gravy and finish it, my cholesterol went up 15 points just watching her.

kantuckid

Cook a skillet full of hashbrown taters and onions, scramble some eggs and pour them into the taters, cook then top with cheese and crumble the bacon on top that you fried in the skillet firstly.
My version of sausage gravy (in honor of my three stents) I fry the sausage then squeeze out all the grease in towels then return to skillet. Toss flour to cover well the sausage crumbles then when real hot pour in milk until you have the thickness you desire. Much of the grease is squeezed out-you do not have to have grease to make gravy! Of course it has flavor but so does the residual left in the meat. I add Worchestershire to mine. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

Hashed left over taters with onion, home made buckwheat pancakes (3), fried egg and 2 real maple flavoured sausage. Lots of coffee. After, bowl of fresh fruit, smothered in yogourt with pecan ground on top. That's a man going to do something today. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

trimguy

Got to have runny eggs with grits, but from the sounds of it, I'd be more than happy to eat breakfast at any y'all's houses. 😁

JohnW

Right, grits and eggs makes breakfast.  All the rest of the stuff is just fine though, if you have time.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Sorry about that SS. I grew up drinking tea flavored syrup water but in my teens I switched to unsweetened tea and never looked back. Actually, I did grow to like the tiny shot glass sized containers of hot, sweet mint tea the Arabs served in Saudi Arabia.

Back to the eggs - I never liked undercooked eggs or boiled eggs. I like my eggs well done and prefer scrambled or omelets. I can eat a hard fried egg in a ham and egg sandwich but I do prefer the yolk was broken before cooking it so it is still mixed with the white of the egg. Scrambled eggs mixed with grits are fine.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kantuckid

The best egg I ever had away from home was when I went back into the Army NG in my middle age to see what a new mess hall looked like. They actually wanted to play nice and cook for the customer not snarl and throw food your way. 
 I walked up to the cook who asked me how I wanted my eggs and then he proceeded to create an omelet per my request, huge and filled with goodies! 
Yummy! 
But of course I've always had that at home-until now when I get up well before my Wife and have to fix my own or eat cold cereal. Truth is she fixes homemade granola that I'm going to get this minute. Not the stuff that comes in a box, mind you. Has lots of real maple syrup on it. 
When the GK's visit then it all changes to real waffles, real pancakes, real biscuits cause they rate more than an old fart... :D 

doc henderson

eating at a VA hospital.  the dishes appeared to be nam era.  but the cook spoke soft, made eggs to order, and she called me honey!  made it all taste better. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

I spent 5 weeks in a military hospital and lost 15 pounds, the food wasn't fit for human consumption. >:( I could stand to do that now but still shudder thinking about it.

kantuckid

Quote from: doc henderson on August 01, 2021, 10:04:56 AM
eating at a VA hospital.  the dishes appeared to be nam era.  but the cook spoke soft, made eggs to order, and she called me honey!  made it all taste better. :)
At my age many call me (and my wife) honey/sweetie/sugar, all that stuff-none of which I really appreciate, as it's an over the top means to talk nice? Just be polite.  Most any hospital the food absolutely sucks. Nursing homes are even worse. Life is good at my house, lets hope none of us eat the other crap anytime soon.

Rhodemont

I do not think there is a grit in all of RI (which ain't much)  Would not know what to do if I found one.  Guess we go with Johnny Cakes instead.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

farmfromkansas

My doc says I have to lose  20 pounds or go on cholesterol meds.  I am going for the 20 pounds.  Oatmeal for breakfast for me, and if I can, forget supper. A plate full of sliced tomatoes if not.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

kantuckid

Losing 20# is much easier than lowering a bad cholesterol, LDL number!
 I have always had low LDL cholesterol but my cardiologist tried for years to raise my good number/HDL which is very hard to do from 38 where it likes to stay.
 Eat right and live a long time-good luck.  ;D

I found out the hard way I was allergic to Niacin, now only take a generic statin pill.

FWIW, I fired my old heart doc recently- like they say, people "vote with their feet" and look forward to the new one who might just take interest in his patients? Most docs do IMO.  I easily self-referred myself to the new guy I'll meet next month->try that in some other medical fields like dentistry specialties where I ran myself ragged to get an extraction during covid shutdowns. 

sawguy21

You won't do yourself any favours by starving, the body will try to conserve the fat reserves. I lost 40# with regular exercise (which shouldn't be a problem for a farmer) and leaving the table after one serving which was an issue with my wife's cooking. ;D Eat regular meals in moderation to maintain your energy levels, just go easy on the desserts.

farmfromkansas

I've already done away with sweets and pop.  Just hard to not eat a big supper.  Have a neighbor family who are all thin and healthy.  They do not eat supper.  Have all the breakfast and lunch they want, and a beer about 5 pm. They work hard.  I work as hard as I can, just getting weaker as I get older.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

doc henderson

most of my ancestors died of COPD and lung cancer from smoking.  no dementia.  my HDL is about mid thirties and my internist said, "I really do not know what to do with it".  my total cholesterol is not high, but my good to bad ratio is low.  so no meds for now, try to eat right.  if i developed diabetes and high blood pressure, i might do meds to try to prevent heart attack and stroke from every direction.  my grandmother had a stroke but was overweight, DM, HTN and in those days, getting a blood sugar under 300 was good.  she continued to eat what she wanted.  she loved food and said she would rather be dead.  eat well, work hard, sleep good.  try to enjoy life (harder these days with covid and politics).  At least if you are doing the things you want to do, if you go early, you can have few regrets.  god bless all.  

Thank You Sponsors!