iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Being a "Forumite"

Started by SawyerTed, January 25, 2022, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

I've been called a lot of things and "Forumite" is a long ways from the worse.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on January 26, 2022, 09:33:26 AM
Have any of you folks went back and looked T the reason for joining for people that have been here so long we didn't require a reason? The years before the internet forum spammer explosion.  

That was some of my finest work here. :)
Indeed, about a year ago, glass of bourbon in hand I did peruse many of these and had a good chuckle. All I thought was 'Jeff was having way too much fun that day." :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SawyerTed on January 26, 2022, 09:17:54 AM
Forumite not exactly like Masonite
NO, the Masonite's are a fraternal organization whereas as we Forumite's are um well, ah. we are a ... uh, let me get back to you on that, OK?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

We are a band of scatteredshots.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Resonator

QuoteAnd here I thought "forumite" was something Australians spread on their toast
That would be Vegemite. An Australian food spread made from leftover brewers yeast, vegetables, and spices, having a thick brown consistency. Was made famous by Colin Hay of "Men at Work" in 1981 in the song "Down Under". ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

SawyerTed

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 26, 2022, 09:49:54 AM
Quote from: SawyerTed on January 26, 2022, 09:17:54 AM
Forumite not exactly like Masonite
NO, the Masonite's are a fraternal organization whereas as we Forumite's are um well, ah. we are a ... uh, let me get back to you on that, OK?
At least we don't have to wear a fez to be Forumite!  Other nerdy things like safety glasses, chainsaw chaps and pocket protectors optional. :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

You guys be careful and don't refer to it as a Fraternal Organization or certain members of the fairer sex will be chiming in with an electronic rolling pin in hand. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

I haven't thought the "fairer sex" had mites since I was 12!   :o :o :D :D :D :(
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

kelLOGg

Speaking of the "fairer sex", according to the statistics page on the FF, 1/3 of us are women. That surprises and pleases me.

oops. Had a decimal off. it's about 3%. That doesn't surprise me.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Cedarman

Quote from: SawyerTed on January 26, 2022, 06:47:05 PM
I haven't thought the "fairer sex" had mites since I was 12!   :o :o :D :D :D :(
Are mites the same as cooties?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SawyerTed

Quote from: Cedarman on January 27, 2022, 06:44:50 AM
Quote from: SawyerTed on January 26, 2022, 06:47:05 PM
Are mites the same as cooties?
Yes, is suppose cooties is appropriate.  I never have been around members of the fairer sex who may have had other kinds.  

Thank You Sponsors!