iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wall panel hot water radiant heaters

Started by jerry sundberg, February 20, 2015, 07:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry sundberg

Have any of you used the European style wall panel heaters in your homes? We have fin tube now but not enough to be comfortable for our old bodies. I'm thinking of removing the fin tube in two rooms and replacing with the wall panel type that are more efficient.
Farmall  man

jueston

i just did a quick search for wall mounted hydronic heaters and found this

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/residential_radiators/wallpanel-vlx-radiators.html

but i'm sure there are other manufacturers of wall mounted radiators in america.

is this what you are looking for? or do you have something else in mind?

GrahamW

Very common, almost standard in the UK.  Here is a link that calculates size needed

http://www.homesupply.co.uk/radiator_output_calculator.php

Regards

Holmes

I've put in a good amount of Runtal, excellent product.  There are a couple other brands that are not as expensive.
Think like a farmer.

mapleveneer

Quote from: jerry sundberg on February 20, 2015, 07:45:36 AM
Have any of you used the European style wall panel heaters in your homes? We have fin tube now but not enough to be comfortable for our old bodies. I'm thinking of removing the fin tube in two rooms and replacing with the wall panel type that are more efficient.

We put in three of them in 2012.  I believe they are hydronicalternatives.com but can't be sure.  Each has the non-electric thermostat on it.  They work like a charm and we are quite pleased with them.

jerry sundberg

I like the looks of that, easy to do. Thanks for the replies guys.
Farmall  man

electron

I initially installed a heat exchanger and blower in my shop and house. But a radiators in my mobile trailer. My house and mobile are roughly the same square foot, @1400 sf. After 2 winters I am changing the blower in the house and running the rads. Why? No noise from the blower, they are soooo quiet. There is no extra hydro used. Zip. The circulation pump does that. And the heat is a very steady constant temperature. Very comfortable. The blower won't go to waste. I will add it to the one I have in the shop now, as it is 40 x 40 and 2 stories. Oh and I have a e classic 2400 and heats everything without an issue

electron

I initially installed a heat exchanger and blower in my shop and house. But a radiators in my mobile trailer. My house and mobile are roughly the same square foot, @1400 sf. After 2 winters I am changing the blower in the house and running the rads. Why? No noise from the blower, they are soooo quiet. There is no extra hydro used. Zip. The circulation pump does that. And the heat is a very steady constant temperature. Very comfortable. The blower won't go to waste. I will add it to the one I have in the shop now, as it is 40 x 40 and 2 stories. Oh and I have a e classic 2400 and heats everything without an issue

mapleveneer

Quote from: electron on March 16, 2015, 01:31:32 PM
Why? No noise from the blower, they are soooo quiet.

I second that!  My house spent 70 years with a gravity hot air furnace (octopus) that my father installed in 1940.  No noise from that.  We did a major basement renovation in 2012, took out the octo, installed a wood boiler in the garage, and put radiant floor heat in the basement and the first floor.  Still no noise! 

beenthere

I second that too...a real plus from burning wood, no noise. Although after 20 years, one of the three pumps is having a faint hum to it. Can't hear it when next to it, but in one part of the house upstairs it apparently has a harmonic that can be heard when it is running. Have decided to live with it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!