iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Faux paint patina completed on windshield opening repair.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Banjo picker

I like a vehicle with some soul.  With most of the newer cars or trucks you got to be within 50 feet of it before you know for sure what brand it is.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

coxy

Jeff

Front hubs finished and awaiting delivery of correct wheel cylinders.

Jeff

Attempting a 50 piece jigsaw puzzle blindfolded today. AKA, putting in door glass and window regulators in the 46 Dodge when the original parts were not in there for an example.

Papa1stuff

Google how to on that window  Jeff, maybe someone out there has done that
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Jeff

Yes, that is really a crank up window, and yes, it really cranks up and down. After a day and a half, and becoming blood brothers with my Dodge, my number one helper Tammy and I are finally getting somewhere.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Jeff on July 03, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
Yes, that is really a crank up window, and yes, it really cranks up and down. After a day and a half, and becoming blood brothers with my Dodge, my number one helper Tammy and I are finally getting somewhere.

Is it a split window? See the metal bar in the middle, Just wonder how it works?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Jeff

Don't have the corner vent windows in yet. So, yea, kinda like split window.
I just came in from putting the back window in.

Woodhauler

Good you have google to go to. I took a 1916 pump shotgun apart to clean once, needed google to help put it together.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Jeff

There was nothing on Google anywhere for the innards of the doors.

Woodhauler

Plenty of pictures of window regulater, But didn't see any of it in door. You got one done so it easy peasy now!

Jeff

Yup, the hard part was figuring it all out, and, getting the new window back on the regulator track. That is where Tammy and I fought the thing for hours. I'd imagine there is a special tool for compressing the little spring button things that allows the window to enter the track. I had to make my own finally That's how the truck and I became blood brothers, sliding my hand in and out of those small sheet metal openings on the door. The back of my hand is raw. 

Jeff

Basking in a sense of accomplishment today. FINALLY completed the brake system on the dodge. When I got it, it came with everything brake related gone. No shoes, wheel cylinders, master cylinders, pretty much nothing on the truck. After rebuilding replacing searching, finding, receiving, returning and all sorts of other verbs and 4 letter adjectives, after building tools and gauges to make sure things were right, the brakes on the 71 year old Dodge are complete!

newoodguy78

sandhills

I've never minded brake work but, I've also never started from scratch, always had something to work with or copy.  Nice job, I love the way you're "gettin er done". 
PS, I still think it needs a camper  :-X  :)

Jeff

Quote from: sandhills on July 06, 2017, 09:44:08 AM
I've never minded brake work but, I've also never started from scratch, always had something to work with or copy.  Nice job, I love the way you're "gettin er done". 

We can discuss it when you get to the pigroast. ;)

Jeff

sandhills

Quote from: Jeff on July 06, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: sandhills on July 06, 2017, 09:44:08 AM

We can discuss it when you get to the pigroast. ;)
Ahh, touche (or however you spell it).  When I do get there, it will be in a rig something similar, I'm working on it  ;).  Very nice job on the brakes BTW  :).

Ox

Why the jig using the PVC pipe? :P
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jeff

There are no self adjusters on these brakes. They have  what is called major and minor adjustments. A major is done when you install, or if they are really out. Back then they had a gauge you mounted on the spindle to set sho clearances. You first placed it in the drum to get the diameter, then mounted it on the spindle to transfer the measurement. If you can find one of those gauges now, they are over 1000 bucks. Mine was free. When I placed the drum on, they went on with just a slight drag. The minor adjustment can be done with the drums on as needed.

coxy

jeff do you have an air nibbler/needle scalar  if you don't you should get one they work great for getting rust off small to medium size parts  I could have used one for years got one and used it 3x  :D

Jeff

Never heard of those. Had to look it up!

Today's accomplishment on the Dodge. I built a new mount and adjuster for the new 12 volt alternator. Switching the charging system from the 6 volt positive ground, and adding a modern fuse block. The alternator is now mounted and I actually found a belt to work with only 3 trips to Napa! Too long, too short, just right!

Today the best place to be was in the pole barn. It's nice in There!

paul case

Looking real good!!!!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

Today was remanufacture the remanufactured running board bracket day. I had to come up with a way to lengthen them, and was able to do so with some of the scraped steel my friend Harold Bobo hooked me up with. My welds are getting better all the time. So you all know, if you happen to end up standing on my running boards someday, I did all the welding.;)

I had to jump to the brackets, because I want to put the fuel tank in, and in order to bolt in the front running board bracket, the tank has to be out.

Thank You Sponsors!