iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Manjisann's Chainsaw Milling Adventures

Started by ManjiSann, October 31, 2019, 09:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Not sure about the plastic covering your lumber.  Top covered, sides open.  If you leave sawn lumber covered with plastic that's a recipe for mildew.  Maybe I dont understand your plan. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

morgoon

Took me a couple days to get caught up on the whole thread, but time well spent. 

It was a great way to get back into the FF after a long spell away.

Thanks for sharing your story and adventures. 

Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

ManjiSann

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on November 01, 2020, 12:33:18 PM
Not sure about the plastic covering your lumber.  Top covered, sides open.  If you leave sawn lumber covered with plastic that's a recipe for mildew.  Maybe I dont understand your plan.
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a bit.
The sides were open for several months to allow most of the moisture a way out. I only closed them up when the MC was lower. It's a poor mans solar kiln. I got the idea from here: http://timbergreenforestry.com/Simple%20Solar%20Cycle%20Lumber%20Dry%20Kilns%20at%20Timbergreen%20Farm.html
Brandon 
Poulan Pro 5020AV, Husky 390XP

ManjiSann

Quote from: morgoon on November 04, 2020, 12:53:51 AM
Took me a couple days to get caught up on the whole thread, but time well spent.

It was a great way to get back into the FF after a long spell away.

Thanks for sharing your story and adventures.
Thanks for taking the time to read and post! I'm glad you enjoyed  :)
Thanks,
Brandon 

Tacotodd

It's okay Brandon, because before you know it you'll be back to making "man glitter"!
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

trimguy

Welcome back. I've been following you in your other thread.

ManjiSann

Thanks all!

For now this thread will likely be dormant as it's winter here and I don't have any milling related projects at the moment.

If you're super bored or just like my off key humor I do have a thread of my random adventures in the Members Only section where I'm posting about whatever random thing I'm doing.

Brandon 

Thank You Sponsors!