iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cypress logs and a couple of pixs

Started by Bigdogpc, October 13, 2004, 03:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdogpc

Nothin' special pile of cypress logs has showed up at the mill.  Most are 8 foot some are 10.  The log fairy is a friend of mine and I'd like to pay him fair.  Can some body give me a ballpark figure for a non-pecky, ordinary log?  (Where's the Deadheader when you need him? :D)

This may not be the right place for this but if you look at the next picture you will see (maybe) a wood tool shed and a pile of logs that appears to be sitting on the far side of a lake.  The lake was actually a road and nice clear spot.  My mill used to sit right next to the shed.  For the moment the mill is sitting on high ground, cant hooks and blades are in the tool shed! :D

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Bigdog,

Not sure if this helps, but I routinely sell green cut cypress at $1.00 - 1.25 bf. Haven't had to buy any logs yet though!

Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Fla._Deadheader

BigDog, Are them fresh cut or sinkers ???

Fresh cut OR sinkers go for $40.00 per ton. How high does yer scale go ???  ;D :D :D :D :D

We get a minimum of $3.00 for sinker solid boards or don't sell 'em. Pecky is more  ;) ;D ;D

If ya want some munks blades sharpened, take them to Moultrie and I will fetch 'em back home and grind away on 'em. That is, if they are 1¼" X 7/8 P X .042. We will figger a way to get 'em back to ya.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bigdogpc

Thanks for the info! (to both of ya's!)

OOPS....scale don't go that high!!! :D

As fer the monks, appreciate the offer and if the water goes down a tad I might bring some.  Seems like after the storm I have lots of wood (imagine that!).  Gonna run some 1x6x16 footers (oak) for horse fencing and try to run it via auction.  There is a passel of oaks standing with their tops tore out so I guess I'll be doing some chainsawing before I do any milling.

With the weather cooling down John will be back at the mill pretty soon and I can go back to offbearer rather than the do-everything I've been doing!  Not that I've done much mind ya...I've been steppin' and fetchin' elsewhere.

ellmoe

Bigdogpc,
     We pay $55 to $60 per ton for "average" cypress ($300-$350/ international), more for the very good stuff. Sometimes you can buy it for less, but that's usually not when the water is two feet deep in the sandpines! :D

Dh.,
    I 'll take some of those $40 cypress logs anytime! :)

Finally, one week and no hurricane!
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Fla._Deadheader

Sorry Ellmoe, Don'T have any $40.00 logs. That's all we are offered for them. That's why we built the mill. ;) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!