iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This should be interesting....

Started by DaleK, March 12, 2013, 07:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleK

Out scouting yesterday and came across this one. Should be an interesting one to get on the ground.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ron Scott

A character tree. It might be worth leaving to become a worthy land mark for the future. ;)
~Ron

woodmills1

That Ron would make it truly interesting
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DaleK

Would really make a landmark if I could cut the straight one out and let the snake grow ;-)
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

thenorthman

...DET cord... ;D and ear plugs mostly cause its fun...
well that didn't work

sawguy21

;D The railing peeking out in the lower right corner might take a beating.  I am not sure I would try dropping that one.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DaleK

That's the top of the loader arm on the tractor... it's portable.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

thecfarm

Yes,that is an interesting tree.
Not much snow I see. I have not been out in the woods since the rain stopped last night,but I would expect the ground to still be covered. Lots of bare spots in the field out front. Just making room for more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hu5qvarna395xp

Like my old man has said for yrs... When ur scared of cutting a tree you Dnt need to be cutting timber.... His motto of his company was no hill to steep no mud to deep.. he's stood behind that since 1978 an still goin strong today!!!
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

Bill_G

Notch and back cut the twisted one and then when you cut the straight one they should fall together .

saxon0364

Quote from: Bill_G on March 13, 2013, 03:26:08 PM
Notch and back cut the twisted one and then when you cut the straight one they should fall together .

Bill's right, that will work. First notch the straight one, but don't back cut it. Then make a high faced notch in the twisted one.   Dont bore it, cut in from the back.   Put in a wedge as soon as you can so it doesn't lean back.  Leave a little thicker than normal hinge.   Then cut the straight one.  Be sure your notches in both stems are putting the fall in the same direction.   
Nothing wrong with quiet.

Chuck White

Yup!

Take care of the snake tree first.

Then cut the straight one and they'll fall with each other!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DaleK

Since they aren't that tall and I can get at them at a good angle with the tractor, I'll probably just notch them both and push them over with the bucket as high as I can get.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

Thank You Sponsors!