iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Real Tree Chainsaw

Started by Corley5, November 09, 2002, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I was in TSC the other day browsing and lo and behold there was a Poulan chainsaw with a Real Tree camo finish ::) ::)  I don't now about you guys but I'd be afraid of losing it.  I'd set it down somewhere and spend the next coupla hours looking for it.  I'd much rather have a bright colored saw.  When Husky, Stihl, and Jonsered start with camo saws it'll be a sad day for the industry.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Noble_Ma

Why do you suppose they did that?  So the trees won't see you coming!!!

ADfields

It's for city use, back yard liming.   So you wont misplace it the back yard. ;D
Andy

Ron Scott

Some marketing idea for the real woods person. Maybe for those who want to harvest timber during the deer seasons or leave their saws in the woods undetected.

I occasional find an "orange" one left behind by some mechanized logging crew who seldom use a chainsaw. When they do they often lay it down and forget it when they jump back on their shears or whatever. Usually its not their saw and it doesn't make the woods boss happy.

The "camo" saws may be harder to find. I'd think that the "pros" will stay with safety orange saw.
~Ron

Bro. Noble

I had a poulan one time and wouldn't have lost much if I'd lost it.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Noble_Ma

I've never lost my saw in the woods but I've lost a few chains.  I spray them with the florescent orange  paint now.  Haven't lost one since

Tillaway

The cutters out here leave them in the woods pratically every day.  They have enough junk to pack around so thay don't bother bringing them out until they are done or they break it.  They are hard enough to find let alone camo'ed. ::)  This reeks of marketing gimick for the consumer that thinks it might be cool.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

OneWithWood

Be forwarned guys.  That camo saw is for timber thieves! :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Sawyerfortyish

I agree with One . Maybe it's why Timberjack changed so the tree huggers can't see you from the road :D

Bro. Noble

Hey Whitepe,

Do you or Rick have one of them saws?  With a cameo saw and cameo caps like Tom and DanG wore,  we'd never get caught.

Noble

woodbeard

The trick is to cut real quietly.

Rick Schmalzried

Noble,
I don't have one but you would think Perry would.  He had a new 044 that he didn't tell his wife about for months.  :-X He didn't even have to get rid of an old one to keep the count the same to keep her in the dark!!!  ;)
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

whitepe

The little lady has a poster that says.

"One can't have too many cats"

I think that the same thing applies to chainsaws.
What do you guys think?

Noble,
were you thinking about getting one of those camo saws
so we don't get caught carving our initials in that big

Whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Bro. Noble

Perry,

Quiet-------It's a secret.

Do you think you could 'borrow' one of them Cat loaders  maybe we could find a market for redwood lumber.

Noble

Frank_Pender

Now if we could Stihl or Husky to put a silencer of some sort on their saws,  there would be no trouble in putting you initials on any tree in any park. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

OneWithWood

Whitepe,
A person can never have too many toys ...er..I mean tools :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dennis

:D I actually have one of those saws...I got a friend of mine to send it to me from NY...I have a camo truck..camo terrajet and a camo saw now...lol..I use vegetable oil for chain oil so I can use it for quartering animals.  I did do a couple small mods to it first though..
Just Log It.

Thank You Sponsors!