iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EzBordwalk lift system

Started by JohnnytheFish, January 09, 2023, 12:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnytheFish

I would love to understand how the EZ boardwalk lift system works ... I can see it is based on a cable but that's about all I can work out! Looks like a very clever set up. 

Ljohnsaw

Looking at their website Model 50:

There is a three stage sprocket reduction from the crank handle to the axle at the top.  A spool at each end winds up the cable that lifts the head.  On the shaft is a garage door torsion spring to assist/balance the load.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Nebraska

Garage door type of torsion spring balanced to offset the weight of the mill head you are raising  and lowering. Takes very little effort to raise and lower at least on my old JR mill.. Much better system than the the hand crank gear box on my old Timberking (1993 B-16) To be fair their mills  have changed a bunch since then.  I haven't compared it to other manual mill manufacturers lifts. It wasn't  a limiting factor on the mill as far as sawing went.  

Thank You Sponsors!