iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 462CM Hard Cold Start

Started by YellowHammer, April 06, 2021, 08:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

I'm not going to say why cause I'm sure the smarter people will tell you why and how come and say what my reason is wrong but I can say I do understand fuel and what does what , in the mid 90's I went to school to become a power eng. to work at one of the big fuel companies out west as my uncle was 3rd in command for the company . But the govt shut down all the places that refined fuel because of the danger as the city built all around them. What you need to think about is heat and what happens to the cylinder with heat , does the fuel evaporate, does the 2 stroke oil evaporate in the heat , will the CM richen up enough so the motor does not burn up , I run 94 octane fuel and klotz oringal techniplate  for oil at 40-1 and have zero trouble . Also what goes on in a 4 stroke motor does not work in a 2 stroke motor that does not have water in its engine block to help cool it down, chainsaw pretty much has a flywheel that blows air a cross the cylinder and what fuel/oil and how the carb or mtronic/autotune to keep it cool enough to live. Now I have ran some real good fuel in saws but its just way to costly when burning 2 to 5 gallons a day , sunoco makes a 110 octane fuel thats purple in color and thats stuff is very very good 

booman

My MS261C was hard to start when I first got it.  After a while, I noticed the lever when placed in choke would not stay there most of the time.  Pulled the cover off and found out that the ground wire for the kill position was too short and would pop the lever up to the run position.  I added a piece of wire to take the tension off of the lever and it helped because it kept it in the choke/start position.  Even after doing this I think it should start quicker than it does.  After all, it is a C.
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!