iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I beam saw horses, what do you charge?

Started by Old Greenhorn, May 13, 2022, 06:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Some folks just have a better sense of style and class than the rest of us. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Wlmedley

I know one thing,you guys are a lot faster than me.Took me at least two hours to build them.Now I have so much time and materials in them I would probably want more for them than anybody would pay so I guess I'll just keep them for myself.That's the way it is for most of my projects  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Old Greenhorn

That's about normal I think. I believe I spent 3 hours or so on my first set, figuring things out and thinking it through. I don't think very fast, just ask Howard or my wife. Now it takes me about 15 minutes to cut the parts and 15-20 minutes to assemble a pair.
 My next pair will be slower again, because I am going to mess around with the 'splay' idea and the gap in the vertical on the I-Beam. Always learning and stealing ideas from others. It make it less boring. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Wlmedley

Actually OGH it probably took me more than 3 hours.I was just to embarrassed to admit it  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Wlmedley

Going to try one of those planters next.Hate to think how long that will take.Like you said there is a lot of good ideas on here.That miter saw stand is a real jewel.

aigheadish

If it helps, Wlmedley, it would take me days to do a project like that. The first 3 hours would just be me cutting to the wrong dimensions or deciding I hate what I've done and tearing it all apart. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Thank You Sponsors!