iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Internet parts search?

Started by Firewoodjoe, September 26, 2022, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Does anyone have luck with it? What I mean is when it's a dealer specific part and you know it's used in other applications but you don't have that part number. I need a fuel pump, Dealer specific, well the one i bought a year ago has a old part number, search that and a replacement number pops up. And of course list Massey Ferguson, fendt, challenger, case and agco along with others using it. Well I'd like to find a dealer here that has it in stock so I don't have to wait 3-4 days. So I was going to call the dealer with the info I gathered and ask for their fuel pump. Should be the same 🤷‍♂️ I know I could keep one on hand but this one failed kinda quick I thought. So I don't have one. 

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Firewoodjoe

Sisu 74 eta. I'd even like to get a more common style lift pump. Or at least know how common this one is. Its the style that goes right on top of the fuel filter. $800 for one year isn't what I'd call great. 

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: EricR on September 26, 2022, 10:33:38 PM
https://parts.agcocorp.com/en_US/apbsearch/model
This may help
Well that may have! My old
number says it was replaced by a new number. That new number shows up on that website and says there's one at a dealer 100 miles from me! Almost half the price to! The pic looks the same lol I'll find out first thing in the morning 🤞 Thanks for the lead!

Mountaynman

Joe from my time at CAT when they were messing with the Challenger tractors there are a tremendous amount of parts that cross over in that sisu motor line you should be able to give the parts man your engine serial num and get a parts book and possible service manual the are good solid motors but a tad finicky keep your coolers super clean they dont work well with excessive heat and if i can remember right routine valve adjustments was done annually if i remember right. 
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: Mountaynman on September 27, 2022, 05:21:09 AM
Joe from my time at CAT when they were messing with the Challenger tractors there are a tremendous amount of parts that cross over in that sisu motor line you should be able to give the parts man your engine serial num and get a parts book and possible service manual the are good solid motors but a tad finicky keep your coolers super clean they dont work well with excessive heat and if i can remember right routine valve adjustments was done annually if i remember right.
Hey thanks. I will check into all that. It crosses to new Holland also and a large dealer isn't to far from me. Only think that concerns me is all these parts numbers for this pump says there 12v my machine is a 24v system. I cannot find any agco/sisu type fuel pump that is 24v. Maybe that's why it only last one year? Or does voltage even matter on them? 

Firewoodjoe

Got a pump 40 min away and $500 cheaper. 🤞

Firewoodjoe

New pump, new fuse pump ran. Just a few times then stopped again. Fuse is ok but no power to pump. Ran jumper wire to run pump and all is getting fuel. All six injectors. But it won't fire. Why? Air? or is there another electronic that I bypassed with jumper wire? 

barbender

Power to your shut off solenoid?

Firewoodjoe

Wouldn't that shut fuel off to the injectors? All injectors have fuel where the line hooks to the injector. Like a old diesel I cracked the lines and bleed it. And it has fuel up there. 

Firewoodjoe

Ok I'm going to check the bypass valve(return) and make sure my bypass wire isn't bypassing something else. 

Firewoodjoe

I think I may need to tear into my wiring harness and find my bad spot. The more I think about it the more I think that jumper wire needs to feed something else also. But don't know what.

barbender

If your shut off solenoid is closed, the lines will still be full of fuel but it can't flow.

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: barbender on September 27, 2022, 10:33:17 PM
If your shut off solenoid is closed, the lines will still be full of fuel but it can't flow.
Yes I understand that. But would it pump?     It will currently spray fuel out of the injector lines. Just like any diesel I've every bleed the system on. This is a electronic controlled pump. Bosh. So I'm not doubting the same failed power wire my have been feeding something else. But I'd like to think if fuel is pulsating/pumping out the injector lines at each injector it's the injector pump pumping it. There not just full, it's actually pushing fuel out as you crank the engine. And stops when you stop cranking. 

Firewoodjoe

C5C Tree Farmer

On certain injector pump failures fuel can be delivered out of the lines at 0 psi but the pump will not build the pressure necessary to to open the nozzles.
The VP44 injection pump gave a lot of grief in the 98.5 - 02 24V Cummins powered Dodge trucks. Rebuilders have sorted out some of the issues that plagued them.

98.5-02 VP44 INJECTION PUMPS

Firewoodjoe

Well we have more to try tomorrow. I've ordered two voltage reducers because no one has one in stock. Thinking that's the culprit of the wired electric problems. Old machine and heavy rain during transport must have pushed moisture in and caused things to short I'm guessing. Who knows 

Pulpwood mafia

Why did you replace the fuel pump? Did it quit running or long cranks before startup. Does it start on starting fluid? Starting fluid may get it to fire and start cranking faster to start, if it starts it may be cam or crank sensor 

Firewoodjoe

Cut wood all day. Voltage reducer was throwing fits. Someone also added a aftermarket because the original went bad so that did make things any easier. But the pump wouldn't run, then ran, then blew a fuse then, ran again after new fuse, then nothing and it never blew a fuse again but never worked again either. And at that point all the fuel electronics were dead. Well I found the aftermarket voltage reducer and sure enough it had broken and half burnt or shorted out 🤷‍♂️ solder inside. Nothing was in stock locally so a fuse was installed into the broken solder and bang she was working with all the correct volts. The machine is 24v with some being 12. The fuel is one. All seems good just waiting on a new volt reducer. 

barbender

That's odd. It sounds like a weak ground or connection somewhere.

Firewoodjoe

I think it was wet and or it was just a bad connection. The wire leaving the voltage reducer was very badly butt connected and taped up. Just getting old. 

Gary_C

I had trouble with the fuel delivery once with my Sisu engine in my 840 and after going thru the injection pump and injectors I found the problem was with a bad relay that was still feeding voltage to the solenoid shutoff but not enough amps to fire the solenoid. Those Bosch relays do fail sometimes.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!