iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

started on chicken house today

Started by mrgraphix, October 01, 2012, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgraphix

I thought that building some thing was a since of pride but nothing is better than felling your own trees making your own lumber and then building something with it ;D

nothing is better than felling your own trees making your own lumber and then building something with it

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Meadows Miller

Your doing a Top Job there Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

mrgraphix

yes cedar post the rest is oak going to have metal roof.
nothing is better than felling your own trees making your own lumber and then building something with it

Ga Mtn Man

Nice shady spot for the chickens.  Looking top notch so far.  Keep us updated. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

glenn molenaar

Magicman

Quote from: mrgraphix on October 01, 2012, 01:14:53 AM

Now that is hitting the nail on the head for sure.  Looking  :o  good !!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Please make it secure around the bottom,there are many unsavory critters that will be eyeing your birds.Mine had a floor with heavy square wire nailed under the joists.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sawmillhand

here chick chick  here chick chick  :D   awesome looking  always very nice to see something good from your work start to finish.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

grweldon

Looks great!  I can't wait to build something with my lumber!  I started clearing a place for a 20 x 30 barn this weekend!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Tree Feller

... nothing is better than felling your own trees making your own lumber and then building something with it ;D

Isn't that the truth. I'm currently working on a storage building that I'm framing up on a 10' x 20' slab that was once a dog pen. I'm using beetle-killed SYP that I either had sawed or sawed myself. I have a chicken coop planned next, too.   :)

Your coop is looking good. Keep the progress pics coming.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

tcsmpsi

Quote from: Magicman on October 01, 2012, 06:59:49 AM

Now that is hitting the nail on the head for sure.  Looking  :o  good !!

;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

bugdust

Darn lucky chickens for sure. I hope to start mine soon. I got tired cracking runny "store bought" eggs and seeing pale yellows and gooey whites. Bought me a dozen fresh eggs, and the rest is history. Good looking job so far.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

clww

I have one to build between now and next spring. We plan on getting a dozen hens and one rooster. I appreciate home-grown brown eggs, too.
Your build looks good. I'd bury some wire fencing material a foot deep around the perimeter to keep the varmints out.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mrgraphix

After reading some of your comments I now have it my signature

it is amazing how things come to you thanks

JohnM

Looks great, Mrgraphix!

Quote from: clww on October 01, 2012, 01:22:22 PM
... and one rooster.

Personally Clww, I'd skip the Roo, unless you plan on hatching your own of course.  We've got one now but the next time he goes after my wife, kids or me will likely be his last.   smiley_smash

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

tyb525

We had one problem rooster like the, the first one we had. The ones we have had after him haven't been a problem at all.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

clww

We've raised chickens before, all the way back to when I was 5. Any problem roosters will go in the pot. I like hearing one crow in the morning.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red oaks lumber

everyone has a story about the crazy rooster, i'll admit i have 7 roosters and all of them are very well behaved. in fact ive never had a mean one      yet.
all are free range also with the 70 or so hens
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Carlton

Make sure to add windows to that coop to allow light, also you can add clear corrugtaed plastic to the roof and you will not believe the difference those 2 additions will make to your egg production.

tomkat001

Cool building! One question tho, will those post hold up buried like that? Did you treat them?
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

Amelia Farms

Here are our girls. We rebuilt the old coop that was about to fall down when we bought the farm. I think it was built in the 1930's. We love us some fresh eggs.

Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

Migal

Quote from: Carlton on October 01, 2012, 08:27:15 PM
Make sure to add windows to that coop to allow light, also you can add clear corrugtaed plastic to the roof and you will not believe the difference those 2 additions will make to your egg production.

My Grandmother raised chickens, Taught us to paint the windows red due to the fact they will attack a wounded one and if all was red they didn't stand out to the rest.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!