iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Better late than never

Started by chet, April 24, 2005, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I promised Jeff I would post these pics I took last summer while on a road trip with son Jeff. I'll bet he even forgot about them by now.   :D  :D  :D   If memory serves me correct, this was somewhere in northern Minnesota.

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

That's one neat old Cat.  Holt and Best's merger resulted in Caterpillar.  Would love to see it move on its own power 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Quote from: Corley5 on April 24, 2005, 10:41:27 PM
That's one neat old Cat. Holt and Best's merger resulted in Caterpillar. Would love to see it move on its own power 8) 8)

We looked it over real good and didn't see anything missing. Not only is it intact, but the engine wasn't stuck either.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I'll bet that was a powerful beast but aint sure it could pull "the Load" sitting on that big old log sled in the picture. ;)

Yep Chet, dat sled is near big as you described it. I can picture it all topped off with 3 ft dbh white pine.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UNCLEBUCK

White pine ? That must be near Virginia Mn. ?  Am I close ?  I guess again tomorrow . Never been by that ! Nice scooters !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Mark M

Dats in Big Falls Minnesota, just up the road a half mile is a pretty big sawmill and I worked there for a summer in 1973. They used to have a big load of logs hooked on to that old Cat and every couple of years they would replace them with new ones. I see the sled is still there, guess it was too much work to keep them up.

Uncle you're a little too far east but otherwise pretty close.

UNCLEBUCK

Its Big Falls ,Mn. !  Thats one big bob sled ! Thanks Mark M
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!