iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another table

Started by tule peak timber, September 15, 2016, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronco

The reason I asked about g-flex is I ordered some last week for a cookie table project. After reading Robs recommendations maybe I'll do a little more homework   smiley_book2_page. You've gotta love this forum for the wealth of no nonsense knowledge available!

Magicman

The table and chest are stunning as usual.  I look forward to seeing your mantel build.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Uptown job as always great work 8) 8)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

scsmith42

Quote from: tule peak timber on January 17, 2017, 06:52:42 PM
Hi SC, You are correct that epoxy is the wrong material. 3-M 5200 comes to mind first and you might look at boat deck caulking , like butal rubber. Then there are the post catalyzed urethane's .  When we produce something like your bench  we use small dental burrs and completely eat out-smooth out all cracks . Sometimes this takes more than a  few days of labor but we don't depend on any filler that may future fail. hope this helps  Rob

Rob, thanks for the advice.  A friend of mine that's a sign builder indicated that he used sandblasting to knock off the sharp edges on his signs, but unfortunately that is not an option due to the fact that I've already applied an oil finish and cleaning the sand out of the checks would be problematic.

I'll give the burrs a try.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

scsmith42

Quote from: tule peak timber on January 15, 2017, 06:10:40 PM
The chest of drawers that goes with it tomorrow.  Rob

Spectacular wood!  I like how you centered the spalted area from the crotch on one end - quite striking.

tule peak timber

Another Claro Walnut table top finished up today. Really nice figure in this one. I used bark inlay in the larger holes.  Sorry for the glare !

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

scsmith42

69bronco

Magicman

Another masterpiece!   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

Once again you hit it out of the park. Spectacular! Two thumbs up

Dakota

Dave Rinker

21incher

Wow another fantastic top. Is there a pic with the legs under it?  8) 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

John S

2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

tule peak timber

Quote from: 21incher on February 23, 2017, 08:29:33 AM
Wow another fantastic top. Is there a pic with the legs under it?  8) 8)
Hopefully soon !

Kbeitz

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 21, 2017, 07:02:18 PM
Quote from: tule peak timber on January 17, 2017, 06:52:42 PM
Hi SC, You are correct that epoxy is the wrong material. 3-M 5200 comes to mind first and you might look at boat deck caulking , like butal rubber. Then there are the post catalyzed urethane's .  When we produce something like your bench  we use small dental burrs and completely eat out-smooth out all cracks . Sometimes this takes more than a  few days of labor but we don't depend on any filler that may future fail. hope this helps  Rob

Rob, thanks for the advice.  A friend of mine that's a sign builder indicated that he used sandblasting to knock off the sharp edges on his signs, but unfortunately that is not an option due to the fact that I've already applied an oil finish and cleaning the sand out of the checks would be problematic.

I'll give the burrs a try.

Blast with walnuts.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

tule peak timber

A waterfall coffee table today. Claro walnut. Rob

WDH

Oh my, that is fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Nice Rob, how did you attach the legs to the top? bg

tule peak timber

Bill, I used small tenons and the 2X2 alignment blocks. The grain in the blocks has the same orientation as the slab. A couple of screws, epoxy and walnut flour.  Rob

Thank You Sponsors!