Main Menu

Sponsors:

Sawmill Type Poll

Started by Captain, November 08, 2003, 02:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

To get a true picture of the forum members, I wanted to try Jeff's polling tool to find out what kind of crowd we are.....irregardless of wether you saw for a living, hobby business, or pleasure.

Thanks and this should be fun. ;D

Captain

Danny_S

You should add chainsawmill..  There are a few of us.
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Captain

Buck, You are absolutely correct, knew I would forget someone.  Kind of hard to forget since I cut my teeth in sawmilling on a Logosol M7 ::)

Sorry, its there now...

Captain

Bibbyman

Hay!  Can I vote again?  I think I messed up and poked the wrong one. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

woodbeard

Captain

Bibbyman, I think the "remove vote" link in the lower right corner will get you another shot at the poll.  Since you must be a forum member to vote, I DonT think that you can vote twice and blow the poll with extra votes for your "favorite" mill.

The early results (with 54 responses) are pretty much what I expected.  Still missing a half dozen or so dimension sawyers, though.  Where is DanG, Frank P, Okie......

Captain

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

The only skew is if you have two mills.  Like a circle and a band. :)

Captain

I agree, Tom.  That is why I put the "2 or more of the above" right below the circle and band mills.  I was thinking that those who answered that way probably had a circle and a band.

Captain

Frank_Pender

Well, I just voted, but I have three mills. ;D  One is a big hed rig with a 52" saw and the other two are, Mobile Dimensions. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

woodbeard

Maybe a good way to handle polls like this is to have a category be: "other-see below"
Then people who check that option can 'splain themselves down here.
Just a thought,
George

Jeff

A poll can actually be set up to allow multiple picks.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BW_Williams

Hey Jeff, can you make this poll stay at the top of the page for a couple weeks?  There's got to be more swingers out there!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Jeff

woodbeard

Yeah, in a couple of weeks, I will be changing my vote from chainsaw to swingblade! 8)

SawInIt CA

I think I had a hanging chad on my vote ::)

Sawyerfortyish

Us circle mill guys are a small minority. Thats counts for more don't it ::) ;D

Frank_Pender

I do not know tooo much about hanging chads, but Ihave had a good number of hanging slivers from logs I have sawed. :D

As to the idea for the number of votes counted I have three mills.  Do I get three votes? ;D
Frank Pender

Jeff

Still getting votes everyday on this, so I will let this Poll go a while longer.

Haytrader

I am curious as to what the manufacturers make of the percentages.
Maybe they already knew how the different styles compared due to sales.
Haytrader

Jeff

Were staying away from dat question. I reckon those fellers already know thier market shares.

Captain

This is great....it really makes you understand why the forum seems to be dominated at times by certain subjects, and why other subjects recieve such low support.

Do you all feel that this survey is representative of the percentages in the real world of sawmills, not just our part of it? ???

Captain

Jeff

Actually, I think its a fair representation of sawmill types whos owners use the internet.

If I drew a 100 mile circle around here, I think the little circle mills would be way out front as would the big ones. I think the numbers would flip flop.

Sawyerfortyish

I think the numbers are about right for around me . Acording to the forest service I'm the last circle mill sawing everyday in north Jersey. There are a couple other circle mills but not sawing everyday.  Right off hand I can count about 6 bandsaw mills in a 20 mi radius that I know of.

KiwiJake

I wreckin' the swingers were around the twin bladers mark not so long ago, that numbers gonna keep growing. It would be neat to see in maybe 6 months or so how those numbers are changing, we could match them up to get a good idea whats actually happening out there in the industry, if there is anything changing that is. Its a great poll by the way.