iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hip surgery tomorrow

Started by sandsawmill14, June 10, 2015, 11:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

well my daughter has hip surgery tomorrow :(. please keep us in your thoughts and prayers :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

beenthere

Will do that for sure.  Wish her well and a good recovery.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

breederman

Wishing her well. How old is she ? My 27 year old daughter just had a total hip replacement, She is back to work after 7 weeks and said she is nearly pain free  for the first time in a long time .
Together we got this !

doctorb

Best of luck to her.  Pretty young for a hip.  I would guess a congenital hip problem?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

sandsawmill14

she is 17. horse fell on her. she had the right hip done about a year ago and now its time for the left one.   but the doc called and we have to reschedule it. :(

doctorb

Did she fracture both hip sockets?  A very unusual injury, if so.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

sandsawmill14

detached labrum and some other stuff i didnt understand. they will do it with scope and be on crutches for about 6-8 weeks then 8 weeks pt  at least thats how it went last time :)  its not major far as surgery goes i guess but very painful. doc wonder why she has to be off it for so long? had a neighbor had knee replacement and he was back up pretty quick. is the hip that much harder to heal?

doctorb

That makes much more sense.  Yes, many young patients have anterior hip impingement with hip flexion and labral problems.  Good luck to her.

sandsawmill14

so il logger

Prayer's sent, she isn't going to like the down time but pamper her and keep her happy

sandsawmill14

Quote from: so il logger on June 12, 2015, 02:48:15 AM
Prayer's sent, she isn't going to like the down time but pamper her and keep her happy
thanks

yep she is pretty active she was offbearing for me at the mill :) and did a good job keeping lumber out of the way and stacked. you have never seen anyone so proud as her when she got her first check. she thought $8 bucks an hour was getting rich :D :D :D :

WmFritz

I hope she's back on the 'job' shortly.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

I hope that everything went well.  Do you have an update?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

yes i said that it had to be rescheduled but i never said when it is to be done on july 7  sorry i forgot to post it but will keep it updated :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

well  we finally got surgery behind us. everything went great  8) 8) we have to spend the night tonight but will go home in the morning they said. smiley_thumbsup

so il logger

Magicman

sandsawmill14

well we are home and she is doing fine other than some pain but a couple of days will fix that until time for the physical therapy :) :)

thanks for all the thoughts and prayers smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!