iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Home For My Wood-Mizer LT15

Started by WDH, September 29, 2011, 08:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Michael,

Filling it with lumber is exactly the plan!  There will be power, and what is a snow load :D.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fat olde elf

Gee, the guy retires and gets a great new shed.  Way to go Danny !! Happy for you.
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on September 30, 2011, 08:25:02 PM
Michael,

Filling it with lumber is exactly the plan!  There will be power, and what is a snow load :D.

Yeah...and then, one day in the too near future, it gets full.   Then, all the free space and aspirations virtually limitless space and twinkle-eyed of 'that will go there, this will go here, and....suddenly!...becomes 'where in the blazes am I going to stack this?'    :D

But then, you have limitless add-on potential.  ;)

Ok...enough of this tomfoolery.  That mighty-fine looking shed/woodcastle needs starting up.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Norm

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that roof slope is never going to hold up under a heavy snow load.  ;D

clww

Great looking and sturdy saw shed, WDH! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

zopi

I am still laughing about the snow load on georgia...WDH, you ought to put keepers on that roof to keep the snow from sliding off...better insulation you know...at these rates an icicle is worth a buck or two a foot..  lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

zopi

The thing about the icicles is an old yankee joke...came out of a book called a reverence for wood, by Eric Sloan...good book..

Heated roof...well, it makes sense, if you dry your stickers up in the rafters..  lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

That 26 guage steel is pretty stout.  When the 1" blizzard howls in, I might be OK :)

Paul,

Retirement is another term for spending money that you don't have  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mooseherder

ljmathias

You all can make fun of our "snow load" all day, but it happens.  Been in Mississippi 30 years now and we've had real snow at least a couple of times- maybe even 6" last time.  Dang near brought the house down it was so heavy!   ;D

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

WDH

The most we had here was 13" in 1973.  Normally, if it sticks at all, we get 2 to 3" at most. 

tcsmpsi

You might end up with a major snow load as is this one...

Major East Texas snow.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

zopi

What, 113 days of trie digit temps this summer? That blizzard comes through and the cattle will stick to the ground and people will freeze to death in quarter inch snow drifts...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

DR Buck

Danny  that shed is way to large for an LT 15.   I think it's high time you upgrade to an LT 40 hydraulic.  ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

OneWithWood

Very nice shed there, Danny boy! 8)

I am glad to see you are not sitting on your duff during 'retirement' and have come up with a good plan for sanity and space...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

Looks like I have the space, but not sure about the sanity  :D.

Dave Shepard

You don't need any sanity, that would get in the way of an LT40 purchase. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

Danny you got yourself one nice shed.
I have put more then one of that type building up when I worked the high steel, every one of them I hated with a passion until one had the cross rods in them. Scary as hell to put up, those Z girders where like spaghetti and where always bolted together about a foot further then your fingers could reach...  Many arenas are built like your shed , I aint worried none about da snow load. I just know you have a snow bucket  hidding somewheres that you don't want us to see  ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

That's a nice shed there for sure. Now that you have the saw shed, maybe a new lumber shed next to it is in order.   ;D

Not that I would wish it on anyone, but them 13" of wet snow can put a real hurt on a shed with that pitch. ;)

Nice investment.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Danny ,
Normaly there would be a set of cross bracing rods on two side bays to plumb and stiffen the building up , was this building drawn up with out them intentionaly or where they not put on ?  Maybe they don't show up in the pics, just wondering  smiley_headscratch
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

metalspinner

I agree with DR_Buck, that LT15 will look too iddy-biddy in that cavernous shed. Time to upgrade! :D

How about an overhead trolly?  Tha would come in handy. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

I can see that I should have consulted with this group to get advice before I made the move.  That way, I could have spent a whack more money with an overhead conveyor system, a new hydraulic mill, a 12:12 pitch roof for max snow load, and heck, lets throw a new edger/optimizer in there as well :D.

Marcel,

The only stiffeners are cables that you can see in this pic.  Also, the girder posts are reinforced with a second I-beam that you can see in the pic to provide wind resistance.

isawlogs

They are a nice building , those wires stiffens them up quite a bit. On the larger size buildings these would be rods with threaded ends.
I like the post stiffeners, you have one of the most solide mill sheds I have seeing on here !!!!   :)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!