iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone know what brand mill this is?

Started by Nikd, January 18, 2019, 07:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikd

I'm looking into purchasing this Mill but the owner doesn't know much about it as he bought it from an estate sale. It has a Perkins diesel on it and the trailer is roughly 30 to 34 ft long and has a cutting width of 42 in roughly. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with these mills or knows what it is? It is fully hydraulic and does not seem to be home made

Southside

Kinda looks like a Mighty Mite mill, Welcome to the Forum
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Nikd!

My first thought was it may be a Timber Harvester mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

Where are you located?
The frame doesn't look like a TH or a Mitey Mite.The head does resemble the MM.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Nikd

Quote from: 47sawdust on January 19, 2019, 11:32:00 AM
Where are you located?
The frame doesn't look like a TH or a Mitey Mite.The head does resemble the MM.
I'm in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. The mill is located a couple hrs from me. 

homesteader shane

Iam just down the 401 a few hours. the mill looks vary similar to my brothers mill, the names on the tip of my tongue. if it is the same the company that built it started in Marmara Ont then moved to Peterborough Ont. my brothers mill is not as big or complex as yours so I would guess yours to built latter on. I think the company starter in the late 60s  or 70s and produced till the the mid 80s. Iv talked with the man that started the company different times. a few years ago I heard his health was failing and I haven't seen him around.
found it  "Board Bandit"
 https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/the-board-bandit.54659/  

Thank You Sponsors!