iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BLUE CREEPER AWARD #2

Started by Roxie, February 12, 2021, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

As I accept the award to announce this week’s winner, I would like to thank the academy and all the people who helped me get here.

But enough about me, this week’s selection by Southside to receive the coveted Blue Creeper prize is member @dustintheblood for his safety discussion generated in the ‘what are you cutting’ thread.

Dustintheblood you will need to give our sponsor @Tam-i-am  your address.

Our forum has such remarkable members, it truly is an honor to shine among them.

Now carry on and we’ll be watching for next week’s winner.

And thank you BLUECREEPER!
Say when

Old Greenhorn

Congratulations dustintheblood! Well earned. (OH, and thanks for that PM on the boot supplier too!)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

Congratulations and a job well done.  One small thing however, I see @Roxie has directed you to contact Tam-i-am directly and provide your address.  In order to complete your winning you will need to provide them with MY address and I will forward you the package, along with an extended warranty card for your vehicle in exchange for your assistance with helping me to get some family money secured from my royal inheritance.  Please note the USPS is experiencing heavy package volume at this time and there may be a delay in the shipping from my place to yours....  :D :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Congrats on doing a great post!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

If we has 50 value packs a week, we would still have to find a way to narrow down to those.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dustintheblood

Oh man, thanks guys!  Too bad we can't meet in person, and you'd all find out what a jerk I am hahahhahahaa

I've asked Jeff to look after the award in a way fitting to the spirit of this community.

Have a great one!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

dustintheblood

So being on the northern sunny side of the border, it seems as though getting the BlueCreeper prize is a bit of a headache.  I suggested to Jeff it be passed on to OleGreenhorn since he really did the heavy lifting on that topic.

Again, thanks guys!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Jeff

We totally concur with your choice! Thank you dustintheblood for carrying this on in the spirit of the Forestry Forum.

@OldGreenhorn yer on deck to send tamiam your shipping info

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on February 15, 2021, 05:34:10 PM
We totally concur with your choice! Thank you dustintheblood for carrying this on in the spirit of the Forestry Forum.

@OldGreenhorn yer on deck to send tamiam your shipping info
Well now it's my turn to blush  :-[. I really didn't do any lifting on  that, just tried to fill in the blanks for the folks who come along later and use our words as a reference. I read a LOT of old threads here and learn an awful lot from them and the ones that contain detailed info on many things taken for granted as understood, often are not. Some folks like detail, when I can, I try.
 I have read a lot of Dustintheblood's posts too because I usually learn something I didn't know I needed, or I get a good laugh, or both.
 Thank You all. That Blue Creeper is some good stuff. I bought a bottle about a month ago to try and it has found a home on my shelf doing good work for me.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Old Greenhorn

Well, just saying thank you again to the FF, Bluecreeper, LogRite, Jeff, and Dustintheblood. The Blue Creeper arraived today (seems like a shipping pipeline from Logrite to me, second shipment in the last few weeks that arrived in a single day) and I found the package when I got home tonight. Too late for any fancy photo, but y'all know what it looks like (or you should). I just bought some of this a few weeks ago and it has earned a spot on the shelf, so this package will allow me to keep some in various places at the mill, upstairs, and in the tool box. Thank you all!

WV Sawmiller

Congrats Tom. With all that equipment in your shop I bet you find plenty to use it on. Stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

Oh yeah, plenty of uses, handy stuff. I made the mistake of mentioning to my wife that they make a sewing machine version and she wanted to TAKE one of MY bottles (can YOU Imagine?). Anyway, I am wondering what the difference is between the sewing machine formula and the regular? I have one of her machines I need to fix (one of 3, 5, 6? I dunno, I don't wanna know). I was wondering if I could get by until my next Logrite order to get her some? I might just risk it, I mean, it's just a sewing machine, right? How complicated can it be?  ;D :D

Jeff

Get her some. Once she is hooked on the blue, it'll be easier to sneak some of that other blue stuff in.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on February 17, 2021, 09:29:36 PM
Get her some. Once she is hooked on the blue, it'll be easier to sneak some of that other blue stuff in.
I really don't think we need the other blue stuff. 'Nuf sed? :D

Thank You Sponsors!