iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sending photos to my f.f. gallery.

Started by moodnacreek, February 15, 2021, 09:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodnacreek

Watched the video on posting photos, should be easy to follow, thank you. I just took a few photos with a phone , this is all new to me. How would I send them to the gallery?

mike_belben

On your phone in mobile view mode go up to the 2 dropdown bars. The lower one says menu.  Click it and scroll almost  to the bottom and find gallery.  Click that to get to everyones photo ballroom. If youre on desktop view its on the left margin almost to the bottom. A box. I think it says enter ff gallery or something similar. Click that. 

Now once looking at a pile of thumbnails look at the top row. My gallery and upload file should be options.  You may need to sign up the first time.. I cant remember exactly.  Once you have an account click upload file.  Then you choose an album.. For some reason i have never been able to make more than my intial album thats why mine is one big random dump.  So you make an album.. Then select the album to put the pics in then click choose files.  

Now every pic in your phone starts populating and you can either pic from that or click browse and dig it up by folder.  Just be careful not to upload any ex girlfriend/babymomma pics or whatnot thatll get you in trouble by accident.  Barge can walk you through that part. 

;)
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

Well thanks for the answer Mike. I am completely lost. Lets talk about brazing stainless or welding or something.

terrifictimbersllc

Are you accessing FF through your phone or on a computer?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

Once you have it, you only upload photos that you are plCing in a post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

moodnacreek

dgdrls

download or email the pictures from your phone to your computer.

Once they're on your computer its straight forward 
by starting a new post or continue on this one,

D

moodnacreek

Thanks, D.  The phone I got does not have internet. We do have a little camera the takes a card. So I think I have to use that to get the photos in the computer and then e mail to ff. Does that sound right? 

Don P

Almost, get the pics on the computer then when you are on the reply screen look down and click on the blue box that says "Click here to add Photos to post" that will open a picture upload window. 

Step at a time, follow those instructions and holler back with where you are if you get stuck.

moodnacreek

Quote from: Don P on February 17, 2021, 08:18:37 AM
Almost, get the pics on the computer then when you are on the reply screen look down and click on the blue box that says "Click here to add Photos to post" that will open a picture upload window.

Step at a time, follow those instructions and holler back with where you are if you get stuck.
Ah, so I have to be on the f.f. All these little things I never had any interest in are catching up to me. We have another storm coming so not much time to play and then there's those scans we got stuck on. 
thanks, Don

47sawdust

moodnacreek,
 If you can set up and keep a circle mill running you can do the picture upload.You just have to wait for the "AHA" moment to arrive.
 It took me a while and some swearing as well as some head banging but finally got it.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

terrifictimbersllc

Big picture trying to stick to simple words....

somehow get the photos onto your computer.  Photo files are usually jpeg files, in other words they are called  filename.jpg where filename is whatever your phone or you called them and .jpeg is the filetype or extension .   There are other filetype extensions than .jpg which work but the key is to mount your phone card (probably SD card) in a card reader hooked to your computer then find that card reader on your computer,  and copy the files from that card reader  over to your computer hard drive.

After that, Don't think of "sending them to FF" .  Instead think of being on FF and "pulling" or "uploading" the photo you want up to FF from where they are stored on your computer.  Sending = pushing,  uploading = pulling.  

You will create a gallery within FF and pull up the photos you want to post into that gallery.

After a photo is in your FF gallery, then when you are in a post, you click the correct link to add a photo, find the photo in your gallery (often in a separate computer window), click on the photo, and then on the link which says to put that photo in your post.

End of big picture

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

mike_belben

A charge cable from your computers USB port to your camera is another possibilty.  Ive never had to buy a sd card reader yet. 

I know its a lot of grief doug.  No one can say exactly how to do it because theres been so many ways invented that we dont know what youre working with. 

Once the files are in a folder on your computer, you are logging onto forestry forum, getting into the ff gallery and once you have signed up for a gallery of your own and logged into it, you are "uploading" the files from your folder into your gallery.   

Sorta like standing in your garage and beaming up a beer from your fridge in the house.  
Praise The Lord

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

moodnacreek

Well, looks like I got some friends out there. Each one of you has really helped me. I do have a gallery in FF that my better half set up when I joined. She can do some of this stuff, part of the reason I have not learned. [always blame wife]  Pushed back more snow banks and stacked lumber today, no time to walk little camera but I'm getting ready.

dgdrls

There's no doubt you'll get it and then we'll badger the #3ll out of you to post some photos of that circle mill you're running.

best
D

moodnacreek

Quote from: dgdrls on February 17, 2021, 06:29:09 PM
There's no doubt you'll get it and then we'll badger the #3ll out of you to post some photos of that circle mill you're running.

best
D
If I get my way you will get tired of me!

Thank You Sponsors!