iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

7 years

Started by metalspinner, March 27, 2021, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

Seven years. That seems to be about how long I've made myself scarce. I want to apologize for being away for so long. Things were so busy and I was so undisciplined with time on the internet that I had to quit cold turkey.

So much has happened these past seven years with our life and I'm sure with all of your's, too. There really is no way to catch you all up in this post. Hopefully you all will take me back and we can begin to get reaquainted.
In the meantime, I have some catching up to do. :D So I will start reading posts, meeting all the new guys, and saying "Hi" to the old guys.

Chris aka Metalspinner
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Magicman

Wow Chris and may I be the first to Welcome you back Home.  :)

Our visit with metalspinner several years ago:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Welcome back! It has been a while.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Welcome back. Just as welcome as ever. ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

Welcome back. When I saw your name I thought someone had brought up a really old thread.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

I reread the linked topic detailing our visit with Chris and noticed that some of the conversation included the Tail of the Dragon. 

Here is a video that I took a few years ago of a portion of the tail: IMG 1319 - YouTube
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

metalspinner

Magicman,
I busted my trebuchet dragging it up that road. :D

SwampDonkey

My grandmother would get out and walk. She didn't even like 'Old Smoky' on the Cabot Trail. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on March 27, 2021, 04:00:09 PM
I reread the linked topic detailing our visit with Chris and noticed that some of the conversation included the Tail of the Dragon.  

Here is a video that I took a few years ago of a portion of the tail: IMG 1319 - YouTube
MM:
What is the posted speed limit on that road?
If they ever straighten that road I wonder what they will do with all the extra or left over road.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

metalspinner

QuoteMM:
What is the posted speed limit on that road?
If they ever straighten that road I wonder what they will do with all the extra or left over road.
GAB
It's only 25-30mph tops.  But the daredevils are flying through it. The time themselves and their buddies from one end to the other. often, they don't make it to the end.

goose63

That road is kinda like hwy 12 in Idaho at the top of the Lolo pass it says curve next 77 miles
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jeff

All I can say is that I am thrilled and welcome home. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Welcome back! I am one of the 'new guys' since your vacation began. Looking forward to some interesting posts, and I see you started a pretty neat one with that Mulberry!
 By the way, did anybody mention there is a pig roast coming up? Might be a good way to catch up?
 Enjoy!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

trimguy

Welcome back ! I'm another "new guy".

Nebraska

Hello, new guy as well. Welcome back.

pigman

Welcome back Chris. The grapevine you played monkey on at my house is long gone, even the tree is gone.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Good to see you back. 
Some of them kids you worked with must have kids of there own now?  :)  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Life can get busy at times! Welcome back!

scsmith42

Welcome back Chris! 
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Raider Bill

Howdy Chris!
Still boy scouting and machining?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

metalspinner

thecfarm, no. I'm not a grand daddy yet!
Both boys are in college now. Nick is  studying to be a chemist at UT and Zach just started digital animation at MTSU.
Raider bill,
I've moved on from scouting when my boys aged out at 18. Passed the torch to the next guy.
Yes, I'm still making my musical instrument parts. But this covid thing has the music industry knocked on its butt. We have been very, very slow this year. And I think it will be a long recovery for the music performance industry.
This slow down did give me an opportunity to start doing more woodworking and I was able to build out a website and a workshop! I'll post up that progress in another board.  smiley_roller

caveman

It's good to see you back.
Caveman

Andries

I remember the trebuchet threads and your by-line about the voices in your wife's head.
Good memories - and looking forward to some new ones.
Welcome back.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

metalspinner

Andries,
The treb is decaying in the corner of my lot. As mentioned earlier, I broke it on the way home from a competion in NC. I had intentions of fixing it, but just didn't get around to it. Each fall, I have an itch to throw a pumpkin but no way to scratch it. :D Maybe if I come across a nice big white oak log, I will build it again? Already have all the steel components. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!