iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lookin' go-o-o-od!

Started by Tom, June 10, 2003, 07:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The sponsor board on the left is really looking good.  Thanks guys, you are really appreciated.

Jeff

They sure are.

O.K. Tom, as much as you hate change, I want to change sumpthin ;D  I am trying to find a good, noticable spot to put the example:

Jeff B, You have 20 messages, 0 are new.

Ideas? I don't just mean Tom either.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

How about making a box for it and putting it at the top of the page next ot information........or .......maybe put it where the date and time are. :-/

Next to where expand and collapse might not be too bad.

CHARLIE

I never have any ideas....just opinions.  First off, I really don't care how many messages I have that are not new, because if they are not new, then it means I've read them and know they are there. So as far as I'm concerned, you can just tell me if I have a new message. That might save some space. It might say:  CHARLIE has 'X' new message(s).  You could put it DanG near anywhere as long as there is a sound to attract the member's attention when they get a new message.

Maybe you could put it above the « No topic | Next topic » or in that same field anyway. :P

I see where you've put the new message and that is a good spot. I still don't think you need to tell someone how many messages he has that he has read though.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

CHARLIE

Ouch Jeff!  Too much color! Hurts my eyes. KISS! Keep it simple!!! ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,
I like it!  Now Ive got a constant reminder Ive got new messages to answer, rather than just when I first arrive on the site.  I hardly ever have my speakers on, so visual stuff is good for me!  This place just keeps getting better!  ;D
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

woodmills1

I just realized that messages I send stay in the out box..Just got a reminder that I hit the max of 20, so I dumped them all.  I wonder how much space those messages are taking up?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

They do take up room when looking at the forum as a whole, thats why I have it set at 20. We can live with 20. :)

Bibbyman

Jeff,  can you make the mailbox message "Refresh" so when you come back a page it would show any new messages that just came in?  

I know I have sent people messages while they were logged in but I don't think they see they have a new message until they refresh or log in again.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

Jeff,
The sponsor growth is a good thing.  That side bar will really look good when we get some blue in it to offset the yellow and red, or is that orange. Anyway our baker boys need to do some convincing.
The mail message alert works well where you have placed it.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Yep, I would like to see some others represented.

Jeff

I actually did that one time and ticked people off. I put an auto refresh at 30 minutes. Problem was some people use that much time to post and it wiped out all thier work.

The message count will refresh with each new page as it stands though

Bibbyman

30 minutes to post :o  

If'n I got anything that long to say, (and I seldom do  ;D)   I write it over in WORD and then cut/paste it into a post or reply.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MrMoo

Jeff,
In response to your question about where to place the "you have 20 messages and 0 are new". Why not add a link below the toolbox that just says Messages. When we select it to view messages it could change color. If new messages become available it could revert back to the original color.

And yup I sure do like havin those colors over there from all the sponsors. Its great that they support us.

Mike

Bro. Noble

Hey Jeff,

I've got an idea for a new sponser ;D

You know how a good percentage of the threads end up on the topic of food-----well why not have a sponsor from some of the good grub guys?

An aunt of mine recently gave me a catalogue from a spice company along with a container of Chipotle pepper ( she knows I'm crazy about spicy food) and it's just about the best stuff I've had.  The catalogue has some really interesting looking stuff.  Thought some of you guys might want to take a look.  www.penzys.com

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Thats a good idea. Delmonte be interested ya think?

AtLast

Whats it take Jeff to get them to be a sponser...Id like to try to get the manuf. of my mill on there as well...whats the criteria?

Thank You Sponsors!