iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A request to members.

Started by Jeff, April 24, 2006, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The one inch aint critical. the 5.75" square is though.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

Ain't making any promises, but could we see a picture of what you've got. Need some ideas.   ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Dan_Shade

a square with your name on it!

I think many of us keep waiting for that "awesome" peice of wood to send Jeff, but any old square peice will do!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Quote from: Gary_C on June 06, 2010, 11:24:53 AM
Ain't making any promises, but could we see a picture of what you've got. Need some ideas.   ::)

Dan is right.  However Gary, I did that THREE YEARS AGO! :D

https://forestryforum.com/blocks/

Gary_C

Quote from: Dan_Shade on June 06, 2010, 11:31:04 AM
a square with your name on it!

I think many of us keep waiting for that "awesome" peice of wood to send Jeff, but any old square peice will do!

That's the problem! In the past three years all the wood that I have has been round and the only saw I can find is is on a harvester head or all rusty. So there are a lot of steps to the process.  :D

Warbird

Looks like burlkraft didn't follow directions in one of them.  ;)

Gary_C

Warbird beat me to it. How does that one fit?  :D :D

Warbird

Very interesting.  I am formulating some idears.  Going to have to head out to one of the wood shops to get some pieces to try out.

Jeff, do you have any pics posted of what the whole set looks like when it is put up?

Jeff

There are pics all through the thread as I remember.  I'll go out and take one now if the rain has let up enough...

Jeff

isn't it pathetic I can't get that little area covered via over 7500 members?   :'(  :'(  ;)  ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Mabe you could make it a requirement for admission to the FF pigroast. If your block aint up yet then hand them a blank (Plywood until they can do better) and make them fill one out. Or something like that.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Nah, no requirement for the pig roasts.  :)

Brad_bb

There are 7500 members?!!!  I never imagined that.  My guess would have been 400-800.

I've never burned or carved before.  Any tips how to do it nicely?  I was thinking of printing with the font I want on the computer and somehow transferring that to the wood block, then??
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Brad_bb on June 07, 2010, 11:33:01 AM
There are 7500 members?!!!  I never imagined that.  My guess would have been 400-800.

I've never burned or carved before.  Any tips how to do it nicely?  I was thinking of printing with the font I want on the computer and somehow transferring that to the wood block, then??

Brad,

That will work... Here's the main points:

1. You've got to get the text/image to be mirror image on the paper when printed. Bing/Google how to do that.

2. Print black on white paper using a laser printer.

3. Use a hot iron to transfer the image to the wood. (Might want to do a test run on scrap to get things down pat...

Herb

isawlogs

you could also take a marker and sign your name/handle on the block and send it ...  ;)  Art is not required , what is is a block with a name .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

Bro. Noble's block is classic.  ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

I wrote on my block with a pencil and traced it with a soldering iron.
Not as nice as Jeff's handywork but it worked.

Jon

WDH

Quote from: Warbird on June 07, 2010, 02:16:33 PM
Bro. Noble's block is classic.  ;D

Bro. Noble is classic!.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I think Bro Noble even has his face on a wooden nickle. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I thought I would give you an update on how this is going since I brought it back up a few weeks ago.

Since bringing it back up I have received through the mail or have been hand delivered exactly ZERO new blocks.   8)  8) ::)

pigman

At the pig roast we can help you install all the new blocks, it shouldn't take long. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

I'm glad I got in on the ground floor of that ceiling, even though some wayward Forum Administrator tried to hijack my block. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DR Buck

Maybe there's a world shortage of wooden blocks?  ;)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Weekend_Sawyer

Mabe some folks just are afraid to try and make a block, they don't want it to look like a kindergarden project. Some people are just not good at right angles and exact mesurements, " I cut it 3 times and it's still to short!"

How about a FF fundraser using blocks. Get a volunteer forum member who is good at making stuff and for a donation to the FF a block could be made for them.

Just thinking out loud here.
Jon

DouginUtah

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 20, 2010, 09:45:52 AM
Maybe some folks just are afraid to try and make a block, they don't want it to look like a kindergarden project.

If you have seen some of the blocks that are there you wouldn't worry about not good enough.  :D  :D  :D  ;D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Thank You Sponsors!