Sponsors:

A request to members.

Started by Jeff, April 24, 2006, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Les, looks like a dandy tile.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Now    ;)   I'll be getting some company.  Nice looking tile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on July 01, 2010, 09:42:54 PM
Now    ;)   I'll be getting some company.  Nice looking tile.   :)

Careful now, all those wooden blocks that have been up there for quite some time have a habit of swelling and expanding on occasion and shoving the newest tile right off the ceiling. I put Ianab's tile right next to yours so there was an admin block available to decide weather to hold ya up there, or not when the old timer blocks decide ta heave-ho.  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Ouch !!!  Now, how does one defend himself from the indestructible ???   The defenseless ones are being swallowed up and spat out.  Where is there safety in numbers  ???

I see now that I shoulda taken up Chess.  Then I too would know how to knock someone's "block" off.   But then again, without an admin shield, I'm still weak.  I must submit and resign myself to just being a Block Builder.     :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

:D

Honestly, before we decided to put a screw through each one, and used velcro, on rainy or high humidity days, we could go out and occasionally find a block that got kicked out. I'd pick it up and ask it what it did to get thrown out, then stick it back up there.  Now with the screws, everybody pretty much stays put.

SwampDonkey

Just call mine, a block buster. ;D Ain't no one gonna tackle that mean old moose 'less he's toting a "thunder stick". :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wwsjr

The tile is in the mail. Kinda of crude, I am not an artist.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Brad_bb

The most difficult part is definitely marking them.  Without a CNC routing machine I'm finding it difficult. 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Huh?  :D   Several of the blocks were made with a handsaw and indelible marker or even pencil. I like them just as much as the fancier ones. :)

SwampDonkey

.........and a piece of rubbed charcoal on paper, traced through with pencil and burned with a shaky hand. :D :D :D

DanG

I had grandiose plans for my block.  I prepared a board of proper width, about 4 feet long.  The plan was to carve my name into it with the router, then spray paint it and run it back through the planer so that only the name would be painted.  I would then cut to length and finish with clear poly.  Now I used to be good at freehanding letters with my router, but it became painfully obvious that I had lost my touch.  After totally butchering 3½ feet of that poor board, I cut off the last little piece and scrawled my name on it with a paint pen. :-[ :D :D

ps:  That block has been up there for four years now and the ceiling still isn't covered.  Y'all get on the stick!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

I had grand plans to have my block done by the time asy got here, and ask her to bring it to the pig roast.  I don't have a planer, though, nor have I located a suitable block of wood.  :(

Jeff

I made this with a saw a hatchet, chisel and drill. ;)

Dan_Shade

how did you make the windows with those tools?  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Warbird

LOL LOL 

*grumble*  I'll see what I can do, Jeff.  Things have been a little crazy.  If I can't get it done in time to ask asy to bring it, I'll try to get it in the mail in time for the pig roast.  It probably isn't going to be as pretty as I'd hoped, though.

paul case

good looking bed boss but what is it doing outside, it almost looks like a domestic dispute? pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

paul case

thats quite a story and a real neat bed you made.  i like it better than the $950 one in that thread. but i was lucky enuf that  anita didnt see it to add her '' i want 1'' to. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Brad_bb

Nice to have that Michigan Cedar on hand!  A friend n Manistee has a bunch on his property and I told him it would be good stuff to use, but I wouldn't really call him a woodworker.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

I'm no wood worker. If it were not for cedar, I'd have to resort to Styrofoam.  :D

paul case

awe now jeff,
i think you did real well on that and judging by the looks of it you could make any project look very nice.

when my dad and i built my house we decided that good carpentery didnt mean you did not make mistakes, but good carpentery meant that you could make your mistakes look right. as in ''i meant to do that''   .     
some people said '' you can hardly notice'' we added if your on a rough horse ,riding down the road, looking the other way!

pc
pc

Mooseherder

When we make carpentry mistakes in our family the word "caulking"is used endearingly.
Past projects have also brought on sayings like, "you can't see that from my house". ;D

Jeff

Mooseherder

Thank You Sponsors!