iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A request to members.

Started by Jeff, April 24, 2006, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quote from: Magicman on November 11, 2010, 07:24:43 PM
Warbird, what are you measuring with?  I see about 4000 miles each way for you.

Right MM, Google maps says 7500 round trip. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

From coast to coast by Trans Canada Highway, not dipping down into the US highways, it's close to 3800 miles from coast to coast. Winnipeg is half way, a long 3 day drive. Sault Saint Marie, Ontario is 1000 miles away from here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_bb

Bump.  Really, this thread should be a sticky.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Just Me

Any room still left on there?

I'm just up the road in Indian River, so I can deliver in person. Have to find time to carve one up, building my house right now.......

Larry

Brad_bb

A few months ago he still had 39 spaces.  I know he hasn't received many since then.  So yes he still has spaces to fill.  Get yours to him, his address is on page 40.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Hello Jeff and Merry Christmas to you. Just finished working on this today for you front porch and will drop it in the mail to you tomorrow. Hope you like it. I combined my wood working talents with my vinyl cutting talents to make something a bit different, then shot it with a few coats of clear

Fred

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

:)    Its spot is anxiously waiting.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brad_bb

What wood did you use Busy?

paul case

looks nicer than bundled firewood!!!pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Brad_bb on December 23, 2010, 07:58:41 PM
What wood did you use Busy?

Brad

That is just a slab of some Walnut I had laying around the shop. We cut quite a bit of walnut, so it seamed appropriate that we use that for the plaque
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

paul case

bump!
i bet there are some newbies that havent seen this so back to the top with ya. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Mooseherder

Yeah, soon there will be more pages on this thread than blocks.
DanG procrastinating heathens. :D

WH_Conley

Quote from: Mooseherder on February 17, 2011, 09:48:41 PM
Yeah, soon there will be more pages on this thread than blocks.
DanG procrastinating heathens. :D

I represent that remark.
Bill

Jeff

Several thousand others as well.  :-\

WH_Conley

At least I have company. I do have good intentions. Every time I get this great idea for a block, I get sidetracked with another one. I guess that aint gonna wash either is it. :-\
Bill

paul case

hey jeff,
why dont you start procrastinators corner on one end of the porch and just put up plain old walnut and write on it with a sharpie. ya know something plain. hey wait a minute thats what i did!

hey guys
lets help jeff get this neat porch ceiling done.just send in a block. pc
pc

WDH

Quote from: WH_Conley on February 17, 2011, 11:24:42 PM
I guess that aint gonna wash either is it. :-\

With 2335 posts and no block yet, you may be setting a record  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Boy am I glad I delivered my block.  :)  There's still lots of room for blocks. I am also sure that if ever when that portion of the cabin ever gets covered another part will be made available  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on February 18, 2011, 05:51:40 PM
I am also sure that if ever when that portion of the cabin ever gets covered another part will be made available  :)

That's absolutely true, but at this point, it's looking like that will never be a concern.

alan cox

i still have some lumber from my grandfathers pig pen.
he was one of the first loggers in michigan. I still have his cross cut saws.
he told of how when they were first lumbering that there were a lot of serious michigan rattlers.   he was walking up the trail with his ax over his shoulder when a monster michigan rattler tried to sink his fangs into grampas leg,   he just happened to be quick enough to move and the rattler missed.
he did sink his fangs into a large michigan white pine .  grampa took his ax and cut the snakes head off. made a hat band out of the skin and was on to camp.

well the rest of thatstory goes like this.  when he came back from camp. he was totally suprised to see how that   pine had swelled up, it was a monster.  so he came home. got his brothers. they went up and cut that pine down. brought it home to the mill. had lumber sawn out of it.
me made a pig pen. a big two door shed to keep tools in and a shack for the pigs.

well thatfall granma was hawkin him on how bad it looked and it needed painting. so he went and got some paint and made it all look great.
well that night it was a full moon. crisp cold starry night.  he heard the pigs sqsuealing and raising hell so he got up.  got the lantern and went out and looked.
he couldnt believe it.        the turmpentine and the cold had drawed the poision out of that wood.   the swelling had done down and how he had a two door out house.      4 canned hams and a big ass crate full of pig poop.

dontcha love it.      al cox

SwampDonkey

Al, I was wondering how far back you figured logging started in Mi? I don't doubt none of the rest of the story. :D :D

Magicman

alan cox, are you gonna make your tile out of one of those pig pen boards  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

I don't believe that his grandfather was one of the first loggers in Michigan, but the rest of the story is believable. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Allen will have to be an old codger himself for his granddad to be an early Michigan logger.

Thank You Sponsors!