iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Broke the Curl of my loader

Started by firefighter ontheside, August 30, 2020, 12:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

If you follow your curl hoses back to the valve, theres probably a plug or cap between the hoses.  Look under there. Dont lose the pieces or forget the order.  Talking and showing the details into your video camera as you remove them always works.
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Quote from: mike_belben on September 01, 2020, 07:07:32 AM
If you follow your curl hoses back to the valve, theres probably a plug or cap between the hoses.  Look under there. Dont lose the pieces or forget the order.  Talking and showing the details into your video camera as you remove them always works.
+1
Liking Walnut

firefighter ontheside

I talked to the guy at the shop.  He said one rod is definitely broken and the other one is slightly bent.  I hope that means that nothing else is messed up.  He hasn't given me an estimate.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

I just approved the shop to repair my cylinders.  He is replacing both rods and seals.  Total for both will be $650.  That's exactly half of the cost to buy new ones, so I'm happy with that.  Not as happy as if I hadn't broken them, but I'll settle.  It's gonna be a week before I get them back.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Hilltop366

If a person was in need perhaps they could disconnect the bucket hoses from the quick connect and put a couple pieces of chain or steel where the cylinders go to hold the forks level to get by in the meantime, and/or even better rear forks for the heavy ones and save the loader, front end and rims from early failure.

47sawdust

I believe that loader has a lifting capacity of about 1300#.
Hilltops suggesting of using 3pt. hitch forks is a good one. Not only greater lifting capacity but the tires and front hubs take a beating under load. A hyd. top link is a real plus.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

caveman

A boom for the 3 pt and a set of log tongs may not be bad for lifting/loading the bigger ones. I would have a few different attachment points on the boom. Rear forks and a hydraulic top link would also prove very useful, as previously stated (not to beat a deaf horse, but  There's more than one way to skin a calf).
Caveman

firefighter ontheside

The lift capacity is listed right at about 1500 lbs for the loader.  It is more than adequate for most logs I deal with.  I will just have to be more careful when pushing around logs that are too big for the lift.  I should probably put the bucket back on for those.  It works better for pushing logs around. I have thought about getting some forks for the rear too.  The added benefit being that I can keep a log on there for ballast.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

mike_belben

When youre really maxing out the loader, take off the forks and the bucket, and use a pair of chains. 
Praise The Lord

firefighter ontheside

Well, I finally got my cylinders back from repair and reinstalled on the loader.  All is well.  There was a moment of panic when nothing moved for a while and I thought it wasn't working.  Clearly that was just air working out of the system, because after holding the handle for about 30 seconds it starting lifting the forks.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on September 24, 2020, 08:34:08 PM
Well, I finally got my cylinders back from repair and reinstalled on the loader.  All is well.  There was a moment of panic when nothing moved for a while and I thought it wasn't working.  Clearly that was just air working out of the system, because after holding the handle for about 30 seconds it starting lifting the forks.
Many system do self bleed out the air. But afterwards you should check your fluid levels again. With the air out the level maybe low.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Ed_K

That's not bad. Last time I had a cylinder rod bend due to broken pin I lost over 5 gals >:( :(.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!