iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rottne smv rapid joy stick issues

Started by Joe Mechanic, April 01, 2019, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Mechanic

I am working on a rottne rapid smv. The grapple will sometimes spin on its own and it booms down on its own. Found in menu that the right joystick is not zeroing out. is there any way to electronically trimming the joysticks. 

barbender

I don't have any experience with Rottnes, only Ponsse. Ponsse's have a calibration menu in the computer program. I would expect something similar on the Rottne. It should be under service or diagnostics on the computer menu.
Too many irons in the fire

allaboutsawdust

Hopefully this helps with your question and the picture comes out right, it's been a while since I have posted any pictures. 

A father son cut to length team with a '00 rottne smv harvester,  and a 2010 rottne smv forwarder, '74 664 clark ranger skidder.

snowstorm

my smv dose not have a computer it has ips boxes for the control speed. i have heard that the joy stick can be easily broken and very expensive

Joe Mechanic

I can not read The writing on the picture that allaboutsawdust posted. the right joystick has been replaced many times and i have been finding that the circuit boards in the joysticks are coming unplugged and when i take them apart and seat the plugs it helps but does not completely fix. i also changed for driver 1 to driver 2 my joystick trims were better but werent zeroed out.

Thank You Sponsors!