Had some people with talent.

All wet sand.

One piece of wood

To do that with a chainsaw. :o
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

timberlinetree

Very nice! I wish I could do that.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Magicman

Some very talented artists.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I don't see how they did that with a chainsaw!!! That is some mighty fine work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

I was there yesterday myself,as stated there was no shortage of talent to be seen. I enjoyed chatting with the blacksmith a pretty crafty guy. They also had someone burning out the center of a log to make a canoe, something I had never seen done. Definitely time well spent taking it all in.

Peter Drouin

newoodguy, Did you see the big pumpkins? New record in lbs.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jim_Rogers

Which fair was that?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

newoodguy78

I did see the pumpkins I can only imagine the effort that goes into growing one of them.

Jim this was the Hopkinton state fair. I believe it is in the town of Contocook,Nh. Really is a good fair, would recommend it to anyone.

21incher

I wish we had a state fair like that. I went to the NY State Fair last week and just about all the ag. & 4H displays have disappeared. It seemed like it has turned into nothing but food vendors, rides, games, & vendors selling junk. Plus everyone is staring at their smartphone. >:(
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

newoodguy78

Peter, did you happen to notice if that was a new fair record or a state record?

Peter Drouin

Quote from: newoodguy78 on September 06, 2016, 07:49:58 PM
Peter, did you happen to notice if that was a new fair record or a state record?

Fair I think. smiley_headscratch

Did you see the mills? newoodguy78.

Hydro one

Push one :D :D

And big trucks. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

newoodguy78

I'm thinking you're right. The only reason I say this is there is a guy in town here that once held the state record (it may still stand not sure). The next time I go by his house I'll check out the sign at the end of his driveway he has hanging that says what the weight was.

newoodguy78

Peter, I did check out the mills they draw me in like a moth to a flame :D. I thought they looked decently built, kinda struck me as a component machine which would probably keep parts cost down when the time came.
My 5 year old son was fairly impressed with the truck. Took me a bit to explain to him why I couldn't drive it  :).

Peter Drouin

newoodguy78, The fair season has started, Ann and I go a lot of them in Maine,NH,VT. 8) 8)

I have ? on a mill I have . I see guys with them at the Fairs I can ask And maybe get some help.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

newoodguy78

Peter, did you end up getting the information you were looking for on your shingle mill? I went to the Deerfield fair on Sunday, they had a chase mill up and running while I was there. It was part of an antique tractor club. They seemed like good guys to talk to. I have the name of the club if it would help.

Peter Drouin

I did , and talk to the guys running the mill at the fair. They were a big help. Gave me some ideas. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

newoodguy78

Good deal and good luck with it. I enjoyed watching that one at the fair run.

Peter Drouin

Sat I'm going to watch one at the Fryburg Fair. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

I suppose you are going to be talking to Mr Greene? His wife works in the old kitchen. He's a custodian at the school. He takes the week off and plays with all the old stuff.

Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

2 Fairs to go to, It has been a big help with the new mill.
I will talk to Mr Greene. Thanks.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Off to Maine :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Hope you have a great day with 40,000 people.  ;D

GRANITEstateMP

We did Fryeburg on Monday for Woodsman's day.  Beautiful October day in Maine!  Our little guy was super tired from spending Friday and Saturday at Deerfield fair, so we didn't get to watch many of the competitions.  Still a good time and a beautiful fair, like Deerfield and Hopkinton, lots of Ag stuff.  Some of the woodwork stuff in the buildings are pretty impressive too!  I spend a good 20-30 minutes leaning on the fence just looking at the old farm machinery.  Belt drive always impresses me!  Did they have the rock crusher going?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!