iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colorado Elk, 2023

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2023, 02:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I think at this point, Magic could be nominated for the "Most Injured" Forum member😊 And true to form, he always gets photo documentation👍

It's one thing to hunt in the cold. But trying to sleep in a tent in weather that cold, and then wind on top of that- forget it. You'd be cold all day hunting, and would get nothing but colder (at best) at night!

Coming from hot weather at home, and trying to acclimate to the elevation and severe cold like that is asking a lot of the body.
Too many irons in the fire

GAB

Quote from: barbender on November 05, 2023, 12:09:22 PM
I think at this point, Magic could be nominated for the "Most Injured" Forum member😊 And true to form, he always gets photo documentation👍

It's one thing to hunt in the cold. But trying to sleep in a tent in weather that cold, and then wind on top of that- forget it. You'd be cold all day hunting, and would get nothing but colder (at best) at night!

Coming from hot weather at home, and trying to acclimate to the elevation and severe cold like that is asking a lot of the body.
BB:
I nominate Mr. Green as runner up.
I have a hard time ciphering if he is having bad luck or trying to endow his wife with widowhood.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

barbender

I thought of Mr. Green as well, but he hasn't shared the injury photos like Magic😊

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

Gee, Howard, that's pretty tough😬😬

Thankfully, all I have is some firewood and lumber smashed fingers on occasion, and then losing my fingernails from it😊

SwampDonkey

My dad had a powerful fan installed in the potato shed to move air through the piles. One day the idea came into his head to use his hand up next to the fan intake to see if it was drawing much. He found out, and never put no hand near that fan again. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Notice that I waited until the blood was cleaned off and the bandage was applied.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Magicman I said it before and I'll say it again. You are a stud!! The things you do and have done at your age are impressive and I admire you! Even though things were a ruff go the pictures say it all. ALL SMILES!!

moosehunter

Howard, are you going to share the story behind that pic?
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

WV Sawmiller

I did a couple of years ago when I did it. I'm sure it over in the Did something Dumb thread somewhere. I just posted because barbender said I had not posted any pictures of injuries so I felt I needed to set the record straight.

That injury was a table saw while cutting the corners off bench legs. I think it was 12 stitches and 2 broken fingers. They have mostly healed but I still get reminded when I bump them. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

Sorry for the slight, Howard😁 I don't go on the "did something dumb today" thread because I'd have too much to share and folks would think I was overbearing, so I missed your post there.

Magicman

I wondered why you re-uploaded the pictures instead of using the copies already in your gallery?  They are scattered out a bit in several posts: LINK
LINK. LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

snobdds

Well sorry it was an uphill battle for you the entire trip.  I know those trips.  I have a rule, after 3 big issues...I call it.  Sometimes the hits just keep coming. 

I use to do trips like that with my dad when I and he was younger.  Wall tent hunting in blizzards were not fun.  After the pine Beatle came through, you had to really watch where you camped or you would have a tree fall on you.  We had one that fell right around our tent one night, but didn't hit the tent.  Very lucky. 

Late season hunts are always cold and the weather unpredictable.  Now that my dad is older, we just hunt out of the cabin now and don't kill ourselves hiking into areas.  The fun of hunting has returned for me.  it use to be just weeks of work.  

Magicman

More like two weeks getting ready and afterwards; three weeks of cleaning and storing.  Properly shutting down is more intense than starting up.  Of course what I once could do in one day now takes three.

I have the underside of everything washed but no topsides yet.  The RV is unloaded giving me boxes of groceries, etc. to put away.  The truck is unloaded so now I have to load the sawmill tools & gear.  

The camping gear in the cargo trailer is yet untouched.  I am not complaining but it is no fun at all to unload.  :-X

Ron Scott

Know what you mean. The experience of getting ready for the hunt is usually more fun than the closure when done. 
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!