iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What changes have been made to the 385XP along the way?

Started by twistedtree, December 30, 2005, 05:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twistedtree

Can anyone help me with when the 385XP was introduced, and what changes have been made along the way and when?

I just got a new 385XPG, and it serial number indicates it was made at the end of 2003.  It came from Husky's depot in Salt  Lake to my local dealer (it's the only place he could find a G model).

I'm trying to understand if there is anything that has been improved in the saw since late 2003 that I should care about, and ultimately whether I should return the saw for a more recently manufactured one.

The one thing I'm certain of is that the gas and oil caps are the old style which I hate, so I'll at least be asking for replacement caps.  I've also heard about an early issue with the carburetor boot getting brittle and cracking in the cold, and about a few early units that had lower-end trouble.  Anyone know when these early issues were corrected?

Thanks

HiOctane

-Tank caps as you said.
-RPM limited and epa carb in 04
-Modified carb area base after # 0309004001
-Wider clutch cover
-Improved PTO bearing and seal afte # 04390XXXXX
-Improved oil pump pinion,now metal after # 05150XXXX

twistedtree

Ummm, sounds like I want a current model, not this older unit.  Everything on that list I care about except the EPA carb.  I don't mind the rev limiter.

My carb has a adjustment limiter on the H screw, but not the L screw.  What's different about the EPA card that was introduced in '04?  Sounds like I've already got it.

HiOctane

EPA carbs got diff lo and Hi speed screws and also the needles springs.Probably for a leaner mixture.

twistedtree

My dealer is taking it back and getting me a current production unit.  That's the value in a good dealer and a company with a good no-questions-asked exchange policy (15 days from Husky).

Thank You Sponsors!