iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

small saw job near Cooperstown NY

Started by David s Forest, September 24, 2019, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David s Forest

Friends who are too far away for me, 5hrs by car, by their account felled a nice cherry tree which they would like milled. Anyone interested?
'91 Woodmizer Lt 40HD G24, Ford 850 w/Norse winch, a pile of Stihls, and a '45 International TD6dozer, and a Patrick Olwell Irish flute

Old Greenhorn

@BargeMonkey isn't too far from there, but he is not portable and pretty busy.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sixacresand

On our way to Bruno's Northern Project, we drove North from Cooperstown on a two lane road.   It seemed like every fourth farm had a sawdust pile and most likely a mill.  Should be able to find a sawyer close by. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

BargeMonkey

Depends how big it is and what you want to saw it into ? I was trucking wood out of Milford a few weeks ago and could have picked it up on my way back. I may have some wood in schenevus to pick up in a bit. Alot of sawmills around but most guys aren't setting the world on fire or they haven't sawed much hardwood, big diff between some hemlock in the backyard and sawing nice 5/4. 

ethanbrush

I'm 25 min NE of coop.  I don't think it's worth it for me to move the Mill for it, but if it could be brought to me I could do it
Timber Harvester 30HTD25
Stihl 075 w/ Sperber 36" CSM
Husky 550XP
Uniforest 45M
New Holland TC-45

1ruralmailman

im an hour south of there,im not portable,but f they could load it,and transport it i could do it.i run a hudson that can manage 26 inches.what do they want out of it do you know?

Thank You Sponsors!