iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another "I have a tree story"

Started by Kansas, May 23, 2012, 09:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

Phone call comes in yesterday. Guy tells Casey he has the largest tree in Kansas. He wants us to come take it down and saw it up for him. She asks how big and what is it? Its a sycamore. 32" at the base, estimated 30 inch at the top. We have sycamore, bur oak, cottonwood, and who knows what else bigger than that on the log yard. She declines and instead gives out phone numbers of mills closer to Kansas City.

Have a feeling Tom_the_Sawyer and a few others are going to be getting phone calls. Nothing like passing the buck.

Kcwoodbutcher

I've passed the buck on to you quite a few times when someone wants blocking,trailer decking etc. I hope they contacted you. I don't make any money selling green wood. A 32" sycamore is small around here.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Larry

Your missing out on the best deal.  A guy down here has a add on craigslist where he is selling walnut stumps for only $3,750.  Bring backhoe.

He didn't say what happened to the trees and I was afraid to email for an answer. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

markd

Maybe he could export those stumps I heard they pay more for export.
markd

Kansas

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on May 23, 2012, 02:15:53 PM
I've passed the buck on to you quite a few times when someone wants blocking,trailer decking etc. I hope they contacted you. I don't make any money selling green wood. A 32" sycamore is small around here.

Glad for the references. We have plenty of logs on hand for cutting green lumber and more pouring in every day.

Larry, were those Arkansas stumps? Maybe they are worth more down there. um... yeah.

CalebL

Quote from: Larry on May 23, 2012, 03:27:13 PM
Your missing out on the best deal.  A guy down here has a add on craigslist where he is selling walnut stumps for only $3,750.  Bring backhoe.

He didn't say what happened to the trees and I was afraid to email for an answer. :D

I had a guy email me last week saying he had 4 huge black walnut trees near his house he wanted cut down and would "let me cut them down and haul the logs off for $800 a tree".  I replied back that I didn't fall trees but he shouldn't have any problems finding a reputable tree service that would charge him $800 for the falling and then I would come by and pic the logs up for free.  It's been a week and I still haven't heard back from him.   ;D
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

Kansas

We don't have a day go by that we don't get these calls. Most of them are "I will let you take the tree if you just remove it". They talk about having a huge walnut. When you mention metal in the tree, they get mad and say, there is no metal in this tree, I know because I planted it 35 years ago. Unless they make steroids for trees, you don't have a huge walnut.

Thank You Sponsors!