iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whack of red oak

Started by woodmills1, December 28, 2001, 01:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

here is the loader and me in action, unloading a whack of red oak i cut out back for a customer who is building a post and beam carrage house.  he needs over 100 pieces, 8 of them are 18 footers. :D :D

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DanG

Nice whack! ;D'

I'd like to know a little more about that loader. Since I'm about to finally get a mill, I'll be needing some support equipment.  I have a heavy duty, 20' trailer that could support such a rig on the tongue. Does it have it's own power, or do you run it off the tractor ports?  Does the crane swing under power, or just lift?  Are you using a power grapple, or tongs, or what to grab the logs?  Could we see some close-ups?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin

Nice load!

The logger brothers,
Whack`em & Stack`em.

timberbeast

Nice whack,  nice looking equipment!!
Where the heck is my axe???

woodmills1

the loader is a metavic, supplied by www.payeur.com in canada.  they rig the trailer to the tractor and add skid plates and fops, along with a trans fluid cooler. :D  this model uses tractor hydraulics, though they make others with separate honda power.  they also sell a tow behind over the road unit with separate power called the wheeler.  my loader has a grapple end and has powered up down, boom rotation, grapple rotation, and open and close. :D  when i looked for a tractor i leaned toward the big three, but was sold on this combination unit.  i waited till i found one used.  it seems the previous owner wanted a full time operation supporting three workers and this was small for that.  It fits me fine to harvest trees from my own 85 acres, and support my woodmizer. 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

will try for some close ups later here is a cropped picture of the controls :)

woodmills1

had at it again today in zero wind chill.  brought home two loads, though i dropped the best tree directley into the crotch of another.  ended up cutting that one too.  but i used the winch to pull them both over so was far away and safe. :D

Jeff_Green

I hate it when that happens!! >:( ;D ;) :D

Frank_Pender

Woodmills,   The loader is what I am saving my pennies for at this time.  I saw the 5th wheel over the road unit at the Eugene, Oregon, logging show this last year. ($20,000)  My plan is to use it in my mill operation, here on the Tree Farm as well as picking up trees from tree service people here in the Willamette Valley.  They are a great looking toy for us big boys to have.  Are there any concerns I should be aware of? :P
Frank Pender

woodmills1

it is great, but it is small.  don't count on over work unless you are are careful can o peas.  if ya ake ya peas ya getta worka done. :D

Gordon

That is a nice set up Woodmills. You say it runs off the tractors hydraulics. How is that hooked up? To the power beyond of the loader hydraulics so it's hot as soon as the tractor is fired up, or through a remote?

Then again if I had one of those I would be spoiled. But it sure would be nice. Beats a farm wagon. ;D

Gordon

woodmills1

the remote hydraulics are controlled by an on off lever next to the three point control.  i turn it off to connect disconnect and leave it on when hooked up

Thank You Sponsors!