iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log hauling

Started by stan064, February 18, 2019, 12:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan064

hey  guys I been cutting a lot this winter,i have about 60 red oak and white pine logs to haul,i wanted to know how the trucker is payed,flat rate per laod, % of the load,dont want to get screwed, thanks to all,havent done this amount of cutting in 20 years, a lot has changed it that time!,

thecfarm

Been just about that long for me too. Last time I did it was by the thousand.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Self loader trucks around here are generally paid by the thousand. If it is a short haul with lots of loader time then they get paid by the hour.

starmac

If you just have a load or two to haul every few months or so, do not be suprized if the trucker charges you more than he does his steady customers.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

dsgsr

Good info. above. Truckers usually charge by the Thousand board feet. Sometime it is by the Ton. Just remember if you are not a regular customer, you may be charged more especially if you are out of their way. Talk with other loggers too see what they pay. Don't be surprised if you have to pay more because you are a new logger. That trucker doesn't know if you have cut the logs correctly and that trucker may take a hit at the the buyer because the logs are not "Cut to Specs."

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

snowstorm

i dont wanta get screwed .....what a way to start out

barbender

Your area and truckers will dictate what you get charged. Be Johnny on the spot and have everything absolutely ready for them. Good turnaround and well piled wood.
Too many irons in the fire

Dave Shepard

Last I heard was $60/1000, although a lot of truckers have gone to per load or hourly. One is $250 per load locally. Another is $200 first load, then $100/hour. No way I'd want to have one of those trucks on the road for $100/hour.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stan064

thanks guys,the fella who use to haul my wood has past away,i  am trying to get his son to haul for me,there several guys around here to do it,just want to know how it works!

Cub

My broker/hauler charges by the cord for pulp and bolts. Usually 18-25/ cord. Price depends what mill it's going to. Grade logs he charges by the thousand and a little bit more because he's on the landing with the truck with the buyer grading each log. Usually between 70-90/thousand. Again depends which mill it's going to. 

snowstorm

Quote from: stan064 on February 18, 2019, 09:11:32 PM
thanks guys,the fella who use to haul my wood has past away,i  am trying to get his son to haul for me,there several guys around here to do it,just want to know how it works!
i guess we know who that was. or i do

Thank You Sponsors!