iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Shed Photos and Ideas

Started by Northern Porter, November 21, 2009, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Porter

New to the forum and new to milling. I purchased a TK 1220 and just dumped that one after a month and upgraded to a TK 1600. I think its a little more for what need to do and Im not as young as I thought I was for all the labor with massive logs. I have extensively searched for mill shed ideas online, but have only seen a few that looked useful or practical. Does anyone have a few photos of a nice enclosure they have built that houses your mill, but still allows you to work under it?
R. Porter

Jeff

Welcome to the forum. There are dozens of examples here on the forum. Use the forum search facility to help round em up. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

Where abouts in NH are you? you may not be far from me?
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Northern Porter

Im right next to Lebanon. On the CT River side of NH, central.
R. Porter

James P.

Welcome to the forum Northern Porter, when you say work under it ,do you mean run the mill? Quebecnewf has an interesting building . Has log deck and seems to be perfect for cold climates.

Northern Porter

Hey Thanks, When I say work under, I guess I mean, leaving the mill stationary so that logs can just be rolled in and lifted on to the deck. Plenty of room to run the mill inside (with enough air flow). Keeping the mill out of the weather is my goal and having a spot to stay out of the weather in NH is a must for me. Saw one on here, but the opening was not wide enough for logs to go through at 17'-18' long. I thought about building a small lean-to style shed with 20' opening in the front and doors on each end for mill access and windows on the back wall for air. Just looking for similar ones.
R. Porter

Northern Porter

James P. Sorry, I didnt see the photo you sent right away. Thats a nice building. Similar to that I was thinking. I havent figured this forum posting out yet, otherwise I would attach photos.
R. Porter

Jim_Rogers

There are instructions about how to post pictures here somewhere. I'm sure you can find it if you look for it.
If you look in my gallery of pictures there is a sawmill roof system in there built by a guy near me out of floor trusses.
Here is a link to that set of pictures: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=154

This is one way to have a roof and not have posts in the way for long logs.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

beenthere

Northern Porter
Welcome to the forum, and if you look at the Behind the Forum board, you will find the picture posting routine. Set up a gallery for yourself, then just click the "Java Uploader" below this blue posting window, and you should be good to go if you have your pics in your computer.  This works if you have Java, and if not, it is free to download onto your computer.   Hope this helps. Look forward to your pics.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!