iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

where did the "used bandmills for sale" go?

Started by m wood, January 17, 2013, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

Im looking at smaller manual band mills around eastern great lakes area.  they seem to have dissapeared from nearly every site that I check regularly(at least within a 10 hr drive).  Is it the season?  Will they reappear in the spring when folks are upgrading?  My size range is norwood ml26, WM lt15 and so on.

Any advice appreciated

Mark   
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

hackberry jake

Ez Boardwalk isn't too far from you. Stroll down there and check out their jr. mill.  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

j-dland

Have you checked out SawmillTrader.com?Lots of options there.Dont know about your specific area,but lots of traffic over there.Used them myself,good guy runnin that outfit.
David

j-dland

Sorry about the ? Just tryin to help a feller out. :-\
David

dgdrls

m wood, 

know what you mean, I'm looking for a used Lucas or Peterson.
Right now there are only a couple out there, that is it.
May be the time of year,  I suspect some sawyers
here in the NE pickle their mills for the hard winter months.

DGDrls

Chuck White

Just keep looking, you'll find something!

Dan; I'm one of those that puts the mill away in the winter.  Right now my mill is in the back bay of my garage.  Waiting for the weather to warm up a little so we can go out and do the valve adjustment and get the engine back together!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!