iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Year's Meal

Started by Magicman, January 01, 2013, 03:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I heard much talk about preparation so I thought surely there would be some meal pictures by now.

Sweetpotato, coleslaw, ham, skillet fries, blackeyed peas, and yellow cornbread.  Topped off later with peach cobbler and ice cream.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I see you love your "Taters".  8)

We're having our meal at 6pm. Waiting on the rest of the family now.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Nice plate! and I reckon the cole slaw will suffice for the greens ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Finally.......time to eat.

Pork Lion, Black-Eyed peas with Honey Baked Ham Hock, Greens, Corn, Corn Bread and Sweet Tea........ digin_2

And for Desert......Mississippi Mud Slide Pie. Some of the best Chocolate Pie you've ever ate. Made in a large dish. My wife has been making this for years.
Goes great with a flavored cup of Coffee.

After all this, stick me with a fork, because I'm done.  smiley_sleeping    :new_year:

Chris Burchfield

POSTONLT40HD is bound to be asleep by know. MM, looks yummmmm!   I got up about 10 after six this morning.  Ran DIL to work.  Came home, made coffee, red the paper.  Into the kitchen to strip and clean the collards (see: Repurposed Kitchen Tools.)  Got'em into the pot.  Paula Deen (?) Red 14 qt ceramic coated.  Now, the destructions said don't let the pot boil dry on a glass top cook stove.  It would weld itself to the cook top, thus ruining the stove.  Got it.  Well, After I got the collards cooking.  I fixed a pan of cornbread for dressing.  Letting the cornbread cool, I cut up onion and celery for the dressing.  Done cutting the onion and celery, I began the dressing adding tumeric, sage, three eggs and chicken stock.  Into the oven.  Dressing is cooking.  Check the collards by taste test, as Andy Griffith would say on the Ritz cracker commercial "mmmmm-goooood!"  Well, I offered wife a taste.  She said they taste scorched.  I tried them again and got a bit of grit when I bit down.  This pot is full of collard greens and pot liquor.  Well I off loaded the greens to another boiler.  Looked into the bottom of the pot and the ceramic on the inside bottom turned a loose.  Big DANG!  Washed it out, back to Wally World where I'd purchased it a month ago, none on shelf for swap.  Wife calls says her mother has a large pot she only uses once a year.  Money card from Wally World, to MIL's got the pot.  By Kroger to get another bunch of greens.  Home to clean them, season and start cooking.  Been in the kitchen all DANG day.

It's just after 7:p.m.  The Collards are done, the black eyed peas are done, the sweet potatoes have 20 minutes, and I just put the cornbread dressing in with the sweet potatoes to warm up.  Wish we had smell-o-vision.  Sorry without picks.  It's been a Hell of a day in the kitchen.  I know I said it on another thread, Happy New Years Day. 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fishpharmer

I ate the evidence. ;D

MM it looks good!
Poston, I didn't figure you for a yuppy pro sawyer ;)  The food looks fantastic.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 01, 2013, 08:19:08 PM
I ate the evidence. ;D

MM it looks good!
Poston, I didn't figure you for a yuppy pro sawyer ;)  The food looks fantastic.

Yep Fishfarmer, I'm a yuppy pro sawyer, I tie my sweater around my neck and don't wear socks with my boots.  :D :D :D

fishpharmer

It was koorig machine and flavored creamer that inspired my joke ;). :new_year:

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 01, 2013, 08:42:44 PM
It was koorig machine and flavored creamer that inspired my joke ;). :new_year:

I know..... :new_year: to you to Fish. Have a great year my friend.  :)

WDH

I got up early and smoked a turkey.  Along with that, we had collard greens, sweet potato souflee, black eyed peas, and cornbread dressing.  No dessert for this Fat Boy.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Let's don't mention fat boy around here. :D ;) >:(

WDH

OK!  If there are no pics, there is no Fat Boy, right  ???  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 01, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
OK!  If there are no pics, there is no Fat Boy, right  ???  :D.

That's the rule.  :) No pics.....there ain't....

Raider Bill

We started with Bacon wrapped Scallops

Then Fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers and fresh picked basil drizzled wit balsamic vinegar

Then a nice deep dish lasagna and fresh baked crusty Italian bread

The third course was WDH pecan pie and or [I chose and}  brown sugar  shortbread with vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberry's and choc syrup.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

drobertson

Now that looks good! love lasagna,  never had the bacon wrapped scallops, them mater bobs look pretty good too,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Bill,

I am coming to your house next year, and I will bring pecans and a healthy appetite ;D.

(Man!  I love scallops, especially ones wrapped in bacon  :)).

thecfarm

WDH,next year is all ready here.  ;D Did someone mention pie???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Chris Burchfield

I enjoyed mine so much had leftovers last night.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

thecfarm

Raider Bill,I got so exited when you mentioned PIE,I forgot about the rest of the groceries.   :D  That all looked real nice,except for the second picture,too green for me.  ;D  The only thing about lasagna I don't like is it fills me up too quick. I just want to eat and eat it,but that stuff is filling. What a meal!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2013, 10:05:10 AM
Raider Bill,I got so exited when you mentioned PIE,I forgot about the rest of the groceries.   :D  That all looked real nice,except for the second picture,too green for me.  ;D  The only thing about lasagna I don't like is it fills me up too quick. I just want to eat and eat it,but that stuff is filling. What a meal!!!!

GF keeps trying to feed me healthy stuff. I am still resisting :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

I have a wife the same way. She made a soup when we first got together,I asked her where was the meat? She still tries,but I just pick around it and complain about it. She said it won't kill me,but I made it this fair,why take a chance now.  :D She knew what she was getting into. I told her what I liked,bread,meat and cheese and told her if I it's not on my "like" list it's not on my "eat" list.  ;D I grew up eating things I did not like.

pesaventoc

EZ Boardwalk Jr., homemade log arch ,1610D Yanmar

Thank You Sponsors!