iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

transducer, or?

Started by woodmills1, February 03, 2014, 07:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

my LT 70 is searching for cut height, any sugestions?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

backwoods sawyer

check all conections on the trans ducer cable,
I bent mine a while back straightened it out, no issues, loose cable or a bad pin can send it searching.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

customsawyer

My mill started doing the little up down thing like it was searching while I would have the blade in the log. Mine ended up needing to have a little brake added to it. It goes on under the cover below the lube jug. Call and talk to WM and they will get you straight and send you the part if that is what you need. It takes about 20 min to put it on.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ladylake

Also there was thread a while back of the brake not holding causing the same thing.  Looks like CS beat me too the brake.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

woodmills1

solution maybe???  found the ground terminal at the up down moter was loose, sseems better will keep an update.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Peter Drouin

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on February 03, 2014, 08:28:33 PM

check all conections on the trans ducer cable,
I bent mine a while back straightened it out, no issues, loose cable or a bad pin can send it searching.

How did you do that?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

backwoods sawyer

Yep a ground will do it to. Good call.

Over sized Sugar Pine log.
The angle iron gaurd caught the end of the log and the splinter pealed the rod right out of the holder. Pulled it out and used the  top of the log to straighten it back out, it is soft so only a few light tap with the 3lb hammer and it was as straight as new.
I called it new sawyer training, what not to do ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Peter Drouin

In this business things do happen. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

woodmills1

TY all will let ya know if solution found,  much snow now!

Thank You Sponsors!