iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a Veneer Buyer

Started by Kirk_Allen, July 08, 2004, 09:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Does anyone have a good contact for Veneer Buyers in the Central Illinois Area? (Kansas, Illinois)

I have just shy of 200 logs and I think at least 30-40 of them are veneer quality. Mostly Ash and Hickory and a few White Oak

Thanks
Kirk

Popeye537

I realize this message is nearly a year old...but I have many contacts if you still need them.

I used to work for Evansville Veneer and Indiana Hardwoods.

Let me know

maple flats

Look up Great Lakes Veneer, they have several offices and if you have that many logs they will travel. I think they want the ends sealed but not sure if they require it. Here is there email:  glv@frontiernet.net  Their main office is Wi. but they cover all of the great lakes area. I have not used them yet but I talked to them at the NYS Woodsman's show last year after my used to be tenant had cut one of my best cherries. They were willing to come look at just a few yard cherries at that time but I never set an appointment before I sold the property. I should have done so before I had a signed purchase offer, at that time I was too late, my costly mistake.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Kirk_Allen

Thanks for the input Maple.

Hey Popeye, if you got some contacts please shoot them to me.

Thanks

Don_Papenburg

Do you have any ash that would just make good boards? I would like to do a room or two trimed in ash.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kirk_Allen

More than I know what to do with  8) 8)

Are you wanting it in log form or air dried boards?

Thank You Sponsors!