iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Business advice

Started by brdmkr, April 21, 2008, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

What?? you would sell  give your neighbors cats away??   8) 8)

I have a neighbor who has the feral strays neutered (tutored as Paul says  :) ) and then turns them loose but feeds them. Seems some organization in CA has lots of money so pays Vet schools to neuter feral cats so they can continue to roam free.  I've heard the Audubon society is not too happy about it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

Neither would I be.  Feral cats are death on Quail populations and Rabbits can't hide like they can from a hawk, either.

I don't mean ill toward the cats, it's the people that turn them lose that should be educated.   I've got a healthy Orange one that is taking up at the house now.  I'm trying to discourage him but the wife feeds the barn cat outside and this cat, usually up front in the woods, has found the house and the feed.

There's three more up there in the woods by the street that I know of and I know they don't practice birth control.  The feral dogs help to keep the feral cats down, but Dang-it!, they get to be a problem too.   

Seein' as how they hang out around the ditch mostly, I figure the moccosins are keeping the population down some.  They wouldn't eat a grown cat, but they sure would kill it.  They could make a good meal or two off of the kittens though.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

My cat problem is a recent development (3 years?).

Until the businesses near me began to feed them, all
you would ever see would be a passing stray.  Now,
there must be ten or more. Normally, two or more
are expectant mamas, too, so there is a constant supply
of new ones.

And don't assume all cats bury their litter, either! What
a mess, if you don't watch your step in certain places.

The cure is simple.  If they would quit feeding, they would
wander away.

ER, what was this thread about, again?
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!